My 06 HCH: very happy

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My 06 HCH: very happy

Greetings all and thanks for the nice welcome. Congrats to all of you about to get your car shortly--I know the impatience is tough but it will be more than worth it.

I had no idea the MP color was in hot demand either, but from this board, there's obviously a lot of people who really like it. In fact I was initially put off when the dealer told me they had a premium on it. So I told them thanks but I'll sleep on it, because I hated the idea of paying over sticker. But of course when I called other dealers and they wanted even more....You know that feeling when someone tells you that you can't have something and it makes you want it that much more? (insert disgusted-looking rolling eyes face here) ...Oyy, so I caved.

But Kenny--you got a fantastic deal! I didn't search as far out of the city as you and I'd certainly have switched color for that price. I think the silver is very cool, my prior car was that color and suited me fine--but they didn't happen to have it available, only the MP. And, rrunyon wasn't kidding--your current mileage IS amazing.

My only problem so far with P&G mode is that when I'm gliding and the instantaneous fuel display (I-FCD) is at "100 mpg", it will drop even if I barely touch the accelerator to enable the assist. So I'll get a few green bars but at the expense of the I-FCD dropping like a rock. Maybe it has to be a good long downhill slope? I'm sure I'll eventually get it, but I'm finding the challenge intriguing. I know I don't "have to", I can drive it like a regular car and still be fine, but in this case the reward would be both monetary (in fuel savings) and intellectually satisfying.

Ikewin, Mikeyt and Gary, glad to hear you're enjoying your car as much as I am!

Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Talking Re: My 06 HCH: very happy

Somthing I forgot to add in my earlier post. We hooked my sons MP3 player into the AUX input. We had been listining to FM radio and the display showed a volume of like 10. We switched to AUX and the display still showed 10, but since the volume was turned down on the MP3 player itself, the volume on the HCH radio had to be turned up a little to be equally as loud. Now the AUX showed a volume of 20. We switched back to FM and the volume automatically went back to 10, so it did not blast us out of the car. Likewise, we switched back to AUX and the volume automatically jumped back up to 20. Really like that feature.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast

Congrats on your MP HCHII purchase. I also have an MP HCHII. Purchased Jan 1st, and so far only purchased two tanks of gas. Should need a fill up today.

MP is the best color, very classy looking. And the interior is so very comfortable, to the eye's and driving. I'm a full 6' 2" 220lbs and I'm comfortable. So far I've had the windows smoked, and removed the front plate bracket. Looking to have wheels polished or something to make them look better.

I liked your write up. Keep sharing the information.

Kevin

Old 01-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tarabell

My only problem so far with P&G mode is that when I'm gliding and the instantaneous fuel display (I-FCD) is at "100 mpg", it will drop even if I barely touch the accelerator to enable the assist. So I'll get a few green bars but at the expense of the I-FCD dropping like a rock.
It can be done. You have to get used to stepping on the pedal like it's made of eggshells. It's pretty easy to make the green regen bars disappear. It gets pretty tricky, for me, to get a couple of bars of assist without the ICE kicking back in.