View Poll Results: What is your average?
39-42
19.05%
42-45
4.76%
45-48
28.57%
48-51
23.81%
51 +
23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

MPG, what are people getting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default MPG, what are people getting?

That do not FAS, coast down hills in nuetral, etc., people who drive it like any other car.
Clif

Old 10-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Default Re: MPG, what are people getting?

Well, I don't drive "normal" but I don't FAS. I will coast in neutral sometimes. For the majority of my driving though the car is in gear and my foot on the pedal.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Vegetarian

i don't know which i should choose... my current tank is at about 52. but my lifetime average, so far, is only 46... it'd be a lot better if i hadn't had to follow my crazy dad on my way to school this year, i couldn't cruise and had to speed to keep up, that was my lowest tank at about 40. i haven't had my car that long either, so i don't have many tanks on record. i don't FAS, i just drive slow on the highway... when i can.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, I'm right on the border of below 45-48 and 48-51, as you can see from the signature.

I drive pretty much with traffic, although on the slower side, enough to keep up with the flow so I make all those nice green lights that the jackrabbits race forward and trigger for me.

In 16K miles, I have learned to drive in a manner that maximizes my MPG while still being a normal part of the traffic pattern. I have also learned the most efficient route for my short commute. Before I learned these things, my MPG was closer to the range of 43-45.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: I Goofed!

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
To Jason or a moderator that can change the poll:

Please subtract one from "+51" as I'm an Insight driver and voted by mistake.

Sorry.
OK it shows 6 on +51 right now. I'll take one vote off. We don't want all the mods to take a point off so I'm deleting the original post.

The poll will show 5 when I'm done......

Old 10-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Use your current tank, provided it is not an extreme anomaly.

There is a learning curve up front in which mpg is lower, but it is a small period compared to the total time of ownership of the vehicle.

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid
i don't know which i should choose... my current tank is at about 52. but my lifetime average, so far, is only 46... it'd be a lot better if i hadn't had to follow my crazy dad on my way to school this year, i couldn't cruise and had to speed to keep up, that was my lowest tank at about 40. i haven't had my car that long either, so i don't have many tanks on record. i don't FAS, i just drive slow on the highway... when i can.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You don't have a button for over 60.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by kenny
You don't have a button for over 60.
LOL

Old 10-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Duc:

___Are Insight drivers supposed to laugh at the polls available answers In an Insight without FAS (I only used it sparingly because of slower highway speeds), the FE was still stupid

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Duc:

___Are Insight drivers supposed to laugh at the polls available answers In an Insight without FAS (I only used it sparingly because of slower highway speeds), the FE was still stupid

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net
No you super studs aren't even suppose to look at our low #'s more less laugh. I would love to drive one for a weekend just to see if I could get freaky #'s but am afraid I would end up buying one if I did.
Clif

Last edited by Duc; 10-23-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Quick Reply: MPG, what are people getting?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands