Mobil1 - On "Sale" @ NAPA

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Mobil1 - On "Sale" @ NAPA

Around here it's been difficult finding Mobil 1 in the 0-20 weight. I had been driving some distance to the nearest Wal-Mart (NOT my favorite place to shop, BTW) but recently found they were no longer stocking it.

So I thought I'd try, again, to see if NAPA would special order it for me. They're right down the street from my work. Turns out they not only had it in stock, but it was on "sale". Their regular price shows as $8.10/qt and their sale price is $5.39/qt. The clerk thought the sale ran through the end of the month.

There's no way I'd buy at $8.10/qt, but their $5.39/qt "sale" price is pretty close to the price Wal-Mart used to charge.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mobil1 - On "Sale" @ NAPA

Originally Posted by ovals49
Around here it's been difficult finding Mobil 1 in the 0-20 weight. I had been driving some distance to the nearest Wal-Mart (NOT my favorite place to shop, BTW) but recently found they were no longer stocking it.

So I thought I'd try, again, to see if NAPA would special order it for me. They're right down the street from my work. Turns out they not only had it in stock, but it was on "sale". Their regular price shows as $8.10/qt and their sale price is $5.39/qt. The clerk thought the sale ran through the end of the month.

There's no way I'd buy at $8.10/qt, but their $5.39/qt "sale" price is pretty close to the price Wal-Mart used to charge.
Awesome! I'll have to check that out since I just hit 30% on my maintenance minder. Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mobil1 - On "Sale" @ NAPA

I too discovered that NAPA supplies it. The guy said they had over 900 qts or cases (I can't remember which) in the warehouse. I ordered myself a case. No more Wal-Mart shopping!