Looks like I'll be taking a trip

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Looks like I'll be taking a trip

For the last week or so I've been all over the area looking for a dealer that would even come within $300 of the $21,033 quote I got from Mark Roberts Honda in Oklahoma (thanks for the recommendation there, "psyshack"!) for my wife's '06 nav-less HCH. I might as well have looked for an honest person in Washington, DC. No one was willing to go under the MSRP of $22,400, and most were above that. For one dealer, MSRP was the AAA "disccount" -- everyone else paid MSRP+$2500. So now I've got to prepare to go up to Bartlesville, pick up the car and drive it back.

Adrian (the salesman we're working with) told us assembly will start on the 9th, and they should have the car at the lot about a month later. So I'm figuring on a mid-February journey. The color will be alabaster silver, which was her 2nd choice behind opal silver blue.

We're hoping to sell her current car here, in which case I'll fly to Tulsa (fare ~$150 on SW or Continental). Otherwise I've got to make a pair of 2-day drives instead of one. When I get back, I'll let y'all know how the car did on the trip. The weather is my biggest concern; as a former resident of the Metroplex, I know wintry conditions are still possible that time of year in those parts.

Last edited by tanstaafl14; 01-06-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Default Re: Looks like I'll be taking a trip

mention my name to Adrian please. good luck with your purchase and car. adrian is a nice guy. the dealer is straight up and honest.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Looks like I'll be taking a trip

Hi Dave;

Good-luck

Terry

Old 01-06-2006, 11:26 PM

Uh, yeah, not many dealers go $1300 below MSRP on a very popular car, and many won't sell without markup or gouging the customer some other way.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:34 AM

Quick update: Adrian e-mailed me yesterday that the car was now at whatever Left Coast port it was shipped to. Still waiting to be put on a train. The front end cover we ordered will be ready by the time the car arrives.

He also informed me his dealership doesn't put front plate holders on their cars unless the purchaser's state requires it. So it looks like we'll have to either buy our own or screw the vanity plate straight into the bumper.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tanstaafl14
....Metroplex, I know wintry conditions are still possible that time of year in those parts.
It is unseasonably warm this winter. Highs over the last month have been 60-75F, with little rain. So little that the last 12 months is half the annual average and less than any calendar year since records were kept in Dallas around 1890-something.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You'll love the color. It's what I got and I like it because it doesn't show dirt, has the blue interior, and matches the wheels. Tinting (which I have also) adds a lot to the look.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:25 PM

Did you try any dealers in the Houston area. I checked online 2 weeks ago and there were several in the area. kevin

Old 01-26-2006, 03:12 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Looks like I'll be taking a trip

Quick update: Adrian e-mailed me yesterday that the car was now at whatever Left Coast port it was shipped to. Still waiting to be put on a train. The front end cover we ordered will be ready by the time the car arrives.

He also informed me his dealership doesn't put front plate holders on their cars unless the purchaser's state requires it. So it looks like we'll have to either buy our own or screw the vanity plate straight into the bumper.
Hi;
If you do-not want screws through the front fascia, check with your and other Honda dealers about the Front License Plate Holders that the screws go {Under} the Front Fascia. That way you don't Screw-Up the Front End of your New HCH ll.

HTH

Terry

Old 01-26-2006, 04:43 PM

The car will come with it. Just tell Adrian you want yours put on. My EX came with one. Its out in the shed.

That is a very honest dealer. I think the only cars they charge MSRP on are Insight cause it is the only true limited production car Honda builds and is special order. AAnd the Si cause Adrian say's there only going to get maybe six of them for 06.

When I spoke to Adrian last week... The dealer had HCH's sold thru April I think he said. If i ever have to go to a diff. Honda dealer I wont by a Honda. Honda and Toyota dealers have a nasty rep. for being stuck up indiff. over priced thugs. All the ones paths I crossed before finding Mark Roberts where horrible. I have two GM's and four sales people that I will rake the shins if I ever catch them in public.

Last edited by psyshack; 01-26-2006 at 04:49 PM.