View Poll Results: Would you buy these Non-Slip Neoprene Protection Pads?
Yes for my 03-05 HCH
20.83%
Yes for my 06-07 HCHII
62.50%
No
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for 10+ people interested in non-slip neoprene pads for HCH/HCHII

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Looking for 10+ people interested in non-slip neoprene pads for HCH/HCHII

I own an 07 Pilot and an 07 HCHII (Non-Navi). Over at hondapilot.org there is a person (Wilson Wong) who is:
"a manufacturer of non slip neoprene pads that cover and protect the bins, cupholders, and storage compartments located in the dash, center console, and doors. These coasters and liners prevents items from sliding around and rattling."
His eBay store is PadsPlus (http://stores.ebay.com/PadsPlus_W0QQ...Q3amesstQQtZkm).
He has not made them for the Civic yet, but he said if I post this here for interested parties and at least 10 people are interested he would get the templates and make them for our HCHII. They would probably run between $15.00 and $25.00 for a set of 14 or 15 pads that would be able to cover and protect:

1 Pad for the Front Cupholder Area
1 Pad for the Center Console Large Lower Storage Area
1 Pad for the Center Console Small Upper Storage Area around the 12V Plug
1 Pad for the Small Compartment Under the Radio
1 Pad for the Large Compartment Under the Radio (Above the Shifter)
1 Pad for the Change/Cel Phone Area Below the Shifter
1 Pad for the Storage Area below the Left Air Vent (If you don't have Fog/Interior Light Switches)
1 Pad for the Front Left Door Lower Storage Area
1 Pad for the Front Left Door Upper Handle Area
1 Pad for the Front Right Door Lower Storage Area
1 Pad for the Front Right Door Upper Handle Area
1 Pad for the Front Right Door Upper Switch Area (Below the Window Switch)
1 Pad for the Rear Left Door Storage Area
1 Pad for the Rear Left Door Handle Area
1 Pad for the Rear Right Door Storage Area
1 Pad for the Rear Right Door Handle Area

If you can think of any other areas that could be protected, or more/less that are needed for a Navi HCHII, OR those with an 03-05 HCH that have other areas that would like to join in, just post what would be needed. Here is a description of the pads:

Get these non slip pads and stop things from slipping and rattling in the storage compartment and cupholders. Anything you place on top of these pads, cell phone, jewelry, ipod, pda, sunglasses, etc., will not budge!
· OEM look and feel
· Non slip
· Dampens rattles
· Prevents (and Hides existing) scratches
Material is an industrial grade, neoprene sponge rubber with a textured surface on both sides. It’s the same material used on the bottom of mouse pads. The pads dampen rattles, absorb vibration, and prevents items from sliding around. Simply put, nothing will move or rattle when placed on top of these pads.
I would like to get these for my HCHII. I am getting themfor my Pilot as well. He has other vehicles in his eBay store that he makes them for too. You can read people's comments and reviews for the Pilot Pads at http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/sho...&threadid=6316 .
Please vote in the poll and post below if you're interested. When there are at least 10 Yes votes, I will email Wilson and let him know.

Thanks guys! P.S. I have no affiliation with PadsPlus and get nothing for posting this other than getting Wilson to make these pads for the HCH.

UPDATE: You can now get the neoprene pads from the PadsPlus store. The direct link to the Civic section is at http://stores.ebay.com/PadsPlus_Hond...QQftidZ2QQtZkm . See my review on page 2 of this thread.

Last edited by AJR; 09-21-2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Added Update
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
"Manalo"
Default Re: Looking for 10+ people interested in non-slip neoprene pads for HCH/HCHII

you mean Honda isn't luxurious enough already?!!?

Old 08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Part Time Hybrids
Default Re: Looking for 10+ people interested in non-slip neoprene pads for HCH/HCHII

Very cool, not that they would make the civic and more of a luxury car but these have great practical use for helping maintain the value of your car over time.

I'd definatly like to see them offered for a good price.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The cupholders and coin tray already have a no-slip grip type texture, but it is not removable like these pads. I had removable pads in my old car and it makes spills easy to clean up. My friend spilt soda in her 07 accord's cup holder and could not get it out! This is a good idea.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Energy Independence

Count me in.
Sounds like a pretty good idea, if the pricing is right.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:16 PM

I am interested in the same for the HCHI. I tried making some of these for my Xterra after seeing similar products, and mine turned out crappy. I didn't have good material, and it's surprisingly difficult to match the shapes of the compartments precisely. I'd pay $25 for a set.

Last edited by zimbop; 09-02-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

you might want to post at www.8thcivic.com. you will get more people interested and you could get a bigger price break when you get more people.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

I'm glad there are others interested in these pads. To show you what they will look like in the civic, Wilson has taken some pictures. It looks like he has some additional pad placements such as the Instrument Cluster. I arranged his pictures in 1 picture with text labels. Click on the link below the picture for a larger version.

Larger Picture: http://www.vpforums.com/temp/civic_pads_lg.jpg (~140KB)

Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 AM

That looks nice. Here's hoping there's other HCHI owners who want them too.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:32 AM
HOV lane commuter

I'd add them, if we move ahead.

Quick Reply: Looking for 10+ people interested in non-slip neoprene pads for HCH/HCHII

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands