its nice to be 62 mile bug free

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: its nice to be 62 mile bug free

Wait was is this bug? How do you know if you have it?

Old 04-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VampHuntD
Wait was is this bug? How do you know if you have it?
VampHuntD, you have a 2005 HCH. You don't have the bug. It only happens in certain 2006's.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

I had the "bug" fixed yesterdayon mine. My odometer remained set to my total miles and both the A and B trip meters were reset to my total miles. Guess it depends on the tech and if they follow instructions.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Took my 06HCH in for the fix yesterday. The dealer wasn't able to make it work, and this morning, they called me and said they sent the whole unit back to Honda. Looks like I am going to be without my HCH for a couple days. They did give me a loaner though.... an Element... ugh. Mine was the first one they tried the fix on.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by esblechner
I had the "bug" fixed yesterdayon mine. My odometer remained set to my total miles and both the A and B trip meters were reset to my total miles. Guess it depends on the tech and if they follow instructions.
I had the same thing done today. On mine they also set the odometer and the two trips to the same mileage.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

My gauge cluster fix is on order as of two days ago. I stopped by the dealership and inquired if they'd seen anything to the effect of a TSB for the Civic yet and after a little searching they pulled up the recall document, which suprised me because I wouldn't think it would be a recall but it is. It actually was marked severe enough that any vehicles on the lot would have to have the update before they could be sold. I did not manage to get the exact vin range but the cut off was in the 71XX range I think. Mine's 6069 and is effected.

None of the service reps had seen the document before and he actually talked with the shop forman about it before ordering the parts. There is the gauge cluster, which I think they call the tachometer gauge, and there is also a part number for a trim removal kit tool because they have to remove the lower dash trim.

So it is official they're recognized the problem and the page on their computer said that notices are being sent out. I guess my car gets to be the guinea pig for my dealership.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by ElanC
I had the same thing done today. On mine they also set the odometer and the two trips to the same mileage.
I've now driven far enough to know that the bug is fixed. Hooray!

Old 04-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
I've now driven far enough to know that the bug is fixed. Hooray!
Mine is still in the shop since last Thursday. I called up today, and they told me that my guage cluster has not come back from Honda yet, and they think is was shipped by UPS ground I'll be lucky to get my car back by the end of the week. Thats what happens when you let a mechanic do programming I guess. One would think that Honda would have the courtesy to ship it overnight. I guess not.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kephra
Mine is still in the shop since last Thursday. I called up today, and they told me that my guage cluster has not come back from Honda yet, and they think is was shipped by UPS ground I'll be lucky to get my car back by the end of the week. Thats what happens when you let a mechanic do programming I guess. One would think that Honda would have the courtesy to ship it overnight. I guess not.
It's outrageous for them to hold your car while they're waiting for a part. You shouldn't have agreed to it.

When I brought it in a week ago Friday they thought they could fix it on the spot. Then they found out they needed to order the part, so I took my car back. By Monday they called that they have the part, and I scheduled a new appointment and had it done last Friday.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I didn't agree to it. They sent the guage cluster back without telling me beforehand. I checked today, and it still is not back.

Quick Reply: its nice to be 62 mile bug free

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands