I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

Since they are willing to pay your airfair, just say that you prefer to have it shipped and have them take the cost of the ticket off the price. That should at least cover part of the shipment costs.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by springkitten
My only comment would be to check the color with the seller, since the listing says grey, and the photo is different. Unless you don't care what the color is....
The car in the photo is strange. It has all the markings of a hybrid - the wheels, antenna on the roof, spoiler. But it's a color that isn't available for the hybrid. It looks like the Royal Blue Pearl of the regular Civic.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:37 AM

I think it would be stupid bidding on this auction; the starting bid is above MSRP! It's not like this is a rare or limited-production item; just buy it from a dealer for a fair price, instead of driving 2400 miles to be ripped off.

Originally Posted by ElanC
The car in the photo is strange. It has all the markings of a hybrid - the wheels, antenna on the roof, spoiler. But it's a color that isn't available for the hybrid. It looks like the Royal Blue Pearl of the regular Civic.
It's Magnetic Pearl, a mix of blue and dark gray.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
I think it would be stupid bidding on this auction; the starting bid is above MSRP! It's not like this is a rare or limited-production item; just buy it from a dealer for a fair price, instead of driving 2400 miles to be ripped off..
It has NAVI, so it's currently below MSRP.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

That's definately the Mag Pearl color in the photos. By the way, Jay Honda care also has competitive prices on hondacare extended warranties as well.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Darwin,

At 60 mph, 2400 miles is 40 hours. You could drive 4 days for 10 hours a day, or 3.3 days for 12 hours. But I guess from that post that you're not used to or comfortable or able to drive long distances. In which case, sorry I mentioned it. I am, I forget that not everyone else is.... Sorry. In any case, what love2scuba said was a GOOD idea. Get them to knock off the price of airfare and apply it to the transportation costs. That is your best bet to help defray the cost....

Old 01-25-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
It has NAVI, so it's currently below MSRP.
Oh, my mistake.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

I second what Mikeyt758 said. Jay Honda is a pretty large established dealer and they are well known for their great deals on extended warranties. The Edmunds forums mentions them a lot. So at least the seller isn't some shady fly-by-night operation, but still that's not a guarantee everything will come out the way you want.

I hate the car-buying process personally, and find it a big headache even under the best conditions, so I wouldn't have the stomach to do a car though eBay, even if it was Saint Joan selling it, but that's just me. Best of luck, but even if you don't end up getting it, there'll be another somewhere...

Old 01-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Calling someone stupid for doing something? Thats stupid !

Old 01-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast

Steve Koleski is very helpful in my worries on bidding on the car. so i will pobably honor my bid in case i win. if not, then its cool also. good idea on the airfare to shipping cost switch. I'll mention it to the dealer.

the reason i bid on the car is the crazy long waiting list we have here in L.A. for both the prius and civics. right now, i'm on the list to get a civic hybrid with navi on a color that i'm not really happy with (white). My first choice is the magnetic pearl, and who knows when that will be available in L.A. Or if it does become available, i dont know how much markup the dealer will add on it.

Quick Reply: I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands