I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Accidental Hybrid Fan
Default Re: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

My wife and I got 44MPG average in mixed driving on our first tank.
Being Hybrid newbies I am quite pleased. We drove about 300 miles yesterday and the car was comfortable, quiet and fairly quick on the highway.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Update on 06 Honda Civic Hybrid. Filled up brim to brim up on Hwy 26 at about 1,300 ft elevation from filling up in sea level in Sequim WA. The computer trip went down to about 46 MPG from about 55 MPG. With 589 miles on teh tank it took about 12 gal's to fill it to the brim again. Reading computer was 46 MPG actual was 48 + MPG.

Last fillup brim to brim computer stated 52 + MPG. Actual was 51.3 MPG. So, it seem that the computer at times is not always right. The car is still running great and so far with 136 miles on the last tank the computer is reading 55 MPG with one bar down from full. I'll ask her if she could take some pictures of the interior and exterior. One more thing, this is a real comfortable and roomy car. Much better that the Toyota Prius.

Safe driving

Alster

Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Originally Posted by Alster
Update on 06 Honda Civic Hybrid. Filled up brim to brim up on Hwy 26 at about 1,300 ft elevation from filling up in sea level in Sequim WA. The computer trip went down to about 46 MPG from about 55 MPG. With 589 miles on teh tank it took about 12 gal's to fill it to the brim again. Reading computer was 46 MPG actual was 48 + MPG.

Last fillup brim to brim computer stated 52 + MPG. Actual was 51.3 MPG. So, it seem that the computer at times is not always right. The car is still running great and so far with 136 miles on the last tank the computer is reading 55 MPG with one bar down from full. I'll ask her if she could take some pictures of the interior and exterior. One more thing, this is a real comfortable and roomy car. Much better that the Toyota Prius.

Safe driving

Alster
Hi Alster ; if you think about it would you post the kind of driving your doing? Like city and heavy traffic or city and light traffic, hwy. at what speed 65-70-75 MPH, passing alot or do you stay in (Right-Slower) lane, just really curious as to how you are driving and hope you might take the time to share your personal driving traits with us so we can have a better idea of the HCH's FE. I have one ordered and I know alot of the other people do and we all love reading about how the HCH is doing with you (Lucky-Owners). So keep us posted if you will. How about the Stereo and the climate control, auto-stop feature things like that would be great to here about. Remember we are completely in the dark about this vehicle without input from you New-Owners.

Keep up the Postings, we love reading them.

Thanks;

terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-12-2005 at 03:51 PM. Reason: should have said (Right-Lane)
Old 11-12-2005, 03:47 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, Terry. It's all well and good to know the car is capable of getting great mileage but it can vary wildly depending on driving conditions. With the previous-generation HCH, people have got 60 mpg overall, or 35 mpg overall. I somehow managed 23 mpg during some highway drives (though it turned out it was capable of 37 mpg at the same speed).

Also, one of the big reasons I'm attracted to hybrids is their increased ranger over conventional cars. You say you put in 12 gallons, but did you have to keep pumping well after the automatic shut-off? How many gallons do you pump before it shuts off automatically?

Old 11-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi GoNavy:
Originally Posted by gonavy
This puppy may be able to give the CVT Insight a run for its money...
___Them are fightin words

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

My girlfriend does not drive as conservatively as me. Most of the driving is mild city driving and rural highway's 55 -60 MPH. When I drive it I normally get somewhat better gas mileage than she does.

I did notice that cooler wheather does have some effect on mileage as well as standing water on wet roads which it has been the norm for a few days here in Northwestern Oregon.

My own vehicle is a 2003 Jetta Wagon GL with a 5-speed TDI (Diesel Engine). In comparison I get on average of 55 MPG in conservative driving. The Jetta is well broken in with 74,000 miles.

I am sure her Honda hybrid once broken in will get comparable mileage on regular grade gas. Note: Here diesel has been on average 30-50 cents a gallon more than regular gas.

Safe driving

Alster

Old 11-13-2005, 08:18 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Hey Alster;

Thanks for the update on the HCH. Say I am glad that you mentioned that your "girl-friend" drives the HCH the most and that she does not drive it just for FE but a little more on the agressive side (if-you-will) , that lets us know how the HCH performs with different driving styles and different owners behind the wheel. It's one thing to read where a particular owner or owners are getting really high "MPG" and then you read where another owner is getting (in-some-cases) alot lower MPG. It may just be me but I like to read about different drivers and their different driving habits, so I can get a much broader view of how the HCH is really performing with all the different variables in drivers and their different driving techniques. I don't personally have a preconceived idea of the right and wrong driving techniques to achieve maximum FE. I mention this to you only to point out that it is refreshing to read the different post from new owners of the HCH and their individual driving habits as to give all of us a more (Real-World) look on the performance and "FE" of the HCH and not so much of a (Blinder/Narrow) view from someone strictly driving it for maxium "FE". I am not suggesting that which ever style or driving method is correct or incorrect but simply to say it is really nice to have the opportunity to read both.

Have a Nice day

Regards;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-13-2005 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Removed the word (the)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jason needs to start letting the second gen HCH drivers post their mileage.

Old 11-13-2005, 12:31 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Originally Posted by stevejust
Jason needs to start letting the second gen HCH drivers post their mileage.
Hi stevejust; did you know that you can send him a PM and he will answer you back or you can simply start a thread and he will be one of the people to reply I'm sure.

Might mention to you that someone has already brought that to his attention and I think I read his reply and he said If I remember correctly that he was going to work on that this Weekend.

He may be still trying to get that put together. Patience

HTH;

Terry

Old 11-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Update 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid: filled up with 192.4 miles, filled to brim, took 4.022 gallons for 47.8 MPG. This is mixed driving and all of it in mostly inclimate weather.

Computer indicated 52 MPG. However It was about 20 miles previously indicating 47 mpg. On trip B the average for the computer was 55 MPG for about 40 miles of rural highway driving, 40-60 MPH and some hills etc.

After filling up, the computer for 18 miles on the way home from fillup indicated 58.5 MPG. So far the average 3 tanks for over 1,000 miles has been 48.3 MPG. I know my girlfriend does not drive as conservatively as me and I would have no trouble getting over 50 MPG.

Great car. I wonder if anyone else has one yet? Also price paid was 200 dollars below MSRP.

Safe driving

Alster

Quick Reply: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands