I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

My girlfriend has a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. Color is magnetic pearl with blue interior. There is no navigation system.

So far she has about 1,200 miles. Trip computer from a fillup in Sequim WA to N/W Oregon is running about 55 MPG. The tank has about 500 miles on it and is at about 1/4 or a little more from empty. When new it averaged, if I can remember, about 48 mpg or so.

Note: tank capacity for the 2006 hybrid is down to 12.4 Gallons from I believe 13.4 in 2005

I drove it about 100 miles so far. Power is more than adequate. Short trips when I reset the trip B on the computer runs about 55-58 MPG in mixed city and rural highway driving for about 25-40 miles. The temp here is getting close to the feezing mark at night and I am sure the mileage will improve when the engine is broken in and warm weather arrives in the spring.

The auto stop is great and at times the car get 100 mpg in the instant readout section of the instrument panel. So far no problems with the car and I will try to keep you posted. By the way she loves it.

Alster

Old 11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Originally Posted by Alster
My girlfriend has a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. Color is magnetic pearl with blue interior. There is no navigation system.

So far she has about 1,200 miles. Trip computer from a fillup in Sequim WA to N/W Oregon is running about 55 MPG. The tank has about 500 miles on it and is at about 1/4 or a little more from empty. When new it averaged, if I can remember, about 48 mpg or so.

Note: tank capacity for the 2006 hybrid is down to 12.4 Gallons from I believe 13.4 in 2005

I drove it about 100 miles so far. Power is more than adequate. Short trips when I reset the trip B on the computer runs about 55-58 MPG in mixed city and rural highway driving for about 25-40 miles. The temp here is getting close to the feezing mark at night and I am sure the mileage will improve when the engine is broken in and warm weather arrives in the spring.

The auto stop is great and at times the car get 100 mpg in the instant readout section of the instrument panel. So far no problems with the car and I will try to keep you posted. By the way she loves it.

Alster
Hi there; HCH sounds like it is doing just (Great) so keep us all posted here at (GreenHybrid). I have one on order myself and will take delivery at the first of the Yr. It is Alabaster Silver Matallic W/Nav. Option.

Thanks for the info.

Terry

Old 11-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default Re: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Alster, If ytou could take a coupl eof pictures and post them, it woul dbe great. As you can see from my signature file, I have an '06 magnetic pearl with blue interior on order and would really like to see the color in a picture. My Avitar is a picture of the HCH in magnetic pearl from the Honda Website, and was wonderin ghow close the "real Color" is to this.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Alster:

___55 mpg from a brand new HCH-II with a relative newbie behind the wheel? That thing might have a few more mpg then I thought she was going to be worth! Make sure you tell your GF she is doing excellent!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-10-2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by lkewin
Alster, If ytou could take a coupl eof pictures and post them, it woul dbe great. As you can see from my signature file, I have an '06 magnetic pearl with blue interior on order and would really like to see the color in a picture. My Avitar is a picture of the HCH in magnetic pearl from the Honda Website, and was wonderin ghow close the "real Color" is to this.
Your best bet is to go over to a Honda dealership and take a look at a conventional Civic of the same color. They have plenty of those on the lots.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:03 AM

Magnetic Pearl and Opal Silver Blue are only offered on the hybrids. The latter color is also on the earlier generation HCH but Magnetic is only on the 2006.

However, I test-drove a Magnetic Pearl today, though there was far too much traffic to really make any observations (aside from a slightly annoying whine from the motor, but maybe that goes away in time?), I can tell you the color is literally exactly as it appears in vtec.net's photos. I think this picture is the most accurate, especially on the top half where there's no reflected sky to distort the color.

Last edited by CGameProgrammer; 11-11-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
I can tell you the color is literally exactly as it appears in vtec.net's photos. I think this picture is the most accurate, especially on the top half where there's no reflected sky to distort the color.
The color distortion of everyone's computer monitor is the biggest problem. That's why you can't rely on any internet photos.

As far as I can tell, Magnetic Pearl is a fancy name for charcoal gray.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ElanC
As far as I can tell, Magnetic Pearl is a fancy name for charcoal gray.
No, the color is very blue. It's a blend of blue and dark gray.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by ElanC
Your best bet is to go over to a Honda dealership and take a look at a conventional Civic of the same color. They have plenty of those on the lots.
The interiors would be different: the hybrids have a different fabric type and different color combinations. Galaxy Gray on the Normally-Aspirated version has a gray interior while it's Ivory on the Battery-Assisted model.

The less-expensive, more-polluting models have more of a "slick" nylon fabric that reminds one of an LL Bean back pack streched over the seat frame, while the more-expensive, less-polluting one has a velourish fuzzy fabric very similar to the previous model years

Old 11-12-2005, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Alster:

___55 mpg from a brand new HCH-II with a relative newbie behind the wheel? That thing might have a few more mpg then I thought she was going to be worth! Make sure you tell your GF she is doing excellent!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
This puppy may be able to give the cvt Insight a riun for its money...

Quick Reply: I drove a 2006 Honda Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands