Hybrid Or Gx

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Or Gx

Trying to choose what to buy Civic Hybrid or Civic GX ( Natural gas).Help me please. thanks

Old 04-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Hybrid Or Gx

Where are you located? It may be worth investigating the average prices for Natural Gas in your area. Also interesting to see what they are during winter times if you are in a cold region.

Also, the type and lenght of you commute may have to be taken into account. The GX has a modest range that may not be adequate for some folks. Refueling opportunities for longer trips accross the country are also not as abundant either. You defintely need to plan your iteneraries to include suitable reflueling stops.

The trunk space/volume is also measurably smaller than what you find in the hybrid Civic.

It trully is the greenest car you can buy, but it is not without a set of serious compromizes - at least from an operational and usability stand point.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Simple.

If you want to be able to drive the car long distances you must go with the hybrid because of the limited natural gas refueling infrastructure.

If you want a second car and a good commuter car get the GX with the home refueling station.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Enthusiast

thanks for information.please keep it coming I'm learning a lot.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Enthusiast

4000 tax incentive and it's very easy to get the carpool stickers. get the home filling station. no more lines at the pump and it's almost half the price to fill up a gx. you can get a used 04 gx's for under 13K.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBNorCal
4000 tax incentive and it's very easy to get the carpool stickers. get the home filling station. no more lines at the pump and it's almost half the price to fill up a gx. you can get a used 04 gx's for under 13K.
Just wondering.What is the range of one full thanks of honda GX.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by pana_ginip
Just wondering.What is the range of one full thanks of honda GX.
I think you'll be able to see quite a few range values from any review you read (if you can find them) . I personally had the priviledge to drive a GX for a month last year and my ranges varied from 300km to 360km (180miles to 224 miles). Mind you, this was in the late fall so perhaps my summer experience might have been different (ie: better).

Personally, I found the GX as "plain" as the normal civics. This spans from the interior trim to its instrumentation. The civic hybrid in the other hand is constantly showing you if it is saving the planet on your behalf and rewards you with a distinct interior, behavior and instrumentation

My humble perspective on the GX is that although it is a good idea, it is not for me. I don't think I could live with it at all.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by msantos; 04-14-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

If you're in So. CA. get the GX as you will have carpool privileges. Someone at Honda corporate told me that NG works out to just over a buck a gallon. With home refilling and better tax credit I think it's a good way to go.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands