How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast
Red face Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Originally Posted by SixxOne
32,700 seems like a lot to me. I to Penske last Friday, and they wanted me to put my 500 down without even talking about final price. Anyone else have any luck with any other Southern California dealerships?
We just bought the 2006 model with Navi system for about that much. Miller Honda in Van Nuys had one on the lot, one of the few hybirds and the only one fully loaded. They tacked on a crazy $5k premium on top of the sticker price (which was around $23k). Not sure how much of the premium was legit with the current demand and the gas prices, but we had them knock off $1500, plus we traded in a truck AND we can expect a CA tax credit, so that kind of balances out. Our price also included Lojack (very popular car to steal in LA) plus extended warranty and tax, title license BS. They really get you with the little extras they add on after the MSRP.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

I was looking for the Civic now for a few days and most dealers wanted an extra $6k or so. Some would charge MSRP but wouldn't pre-order and were sold first-come-first-served. I didn't like that very much. Granted, I was about ready to lay down for a new 2006 Tacoma Pre-Runner to replace my 2000 and was looking at about 28k (gas for me running about $350/mo.) my reason for price/earnings is on a different scale than the difference between a non-hybrid Civic. A car has never been an option for me; I'm a truck guy. So I'm not comparing the price difference between a Civic and a HCH-II. I'm comparing it between the truck and the hybrid and the hybrid wins.

<digression>But the Hybrid offers me things that are important: high gas mileage (I put 1,200 /mo. minimum just for work not to include the other 400 or so for other driving). I calculated that I would only need to pay $84 /mo. on my current gas mileage with the Hybrid and fill up 2 times a month vs. the current 7 times a month plus the tax incentive. I don't care much about the carpool sticker because even though I drive rush hours twice a day for 28 miles I still usually travel 70 MPH avg and I feel clusterphobic in the carpool lane when I can't exit on a whim (legally).</digression>

So I contacted the Costco member auto services and requested a quote for a new 2006 Civic Hybrid with NAVI (I live in Orange County, Ca).

They referred me to Penske Honda in Ontario, Riverside who quoted me (in writing) $26,245.99 out-the-door all-fees-included. For the accessories I want, $26,918. I put down the $500 "reserve" and will be receiving it within 30 days according to them.

There was absolutely no haggle whatsoever. It was a normal business transaction as far as I'm concerned. Now I need to figure out what to do about the extended warranty (they are quoting me $1,695 6years).

In all, Penske Honda is the only one of the 30 or so I contacted that charged MSRP and would let me "reserve" but you have to be a Costco member, they validate that.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-02-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Originally Posted by shawnb
They referred me to Penske Honda in Ontario, Riverside who quoted me (in writing) $26,245.99 out-the-door all-fees-included. For the accessories I want, $26,918. I put down the $500 "reserve" and will be receiving it within 30 days according to them.
What options did you get and did you get navigation?

Old 05-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

What options did you get and did you get navigation?
I got Magnetic Pearl, Navigation, Wheel Locks, Dimming Mirror, Splash Guards. I have not yet determined whether to LoJack it. I'm research 3rd party alarm systems. I'd be more interested in LoJack if I can find an alarm system that alerts me if its in movement unexpectedly otherewise they'll be in Mexico before I have a chance to report the car (potentially).

They can probly negotiate the price down a little considering their dimmin mirror was quoted around $480 or so when most other dealers only wanted $289 roughly.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
I got Magnetic Pearl, Navigation, Wheel Locks, Dimming Mirror, Splash Guards. I have not yet determined whether to LoJack it. I'm research 3rd party alarm systems. I'd be more interested in LoJack if I can find an alarm system that alerts me if its in movement unexpectedly otherewise they'll be in Mexico before I have a chance to report the car (potentially).

They can probly negotiate the price down a little considering their dimmin mirror was quoted around $480 or so when most other dealers only wanted $289 roughly.

Thanks,
Shawn
LOL. One of the dealership I went to actually itemized parts that i wanted for the car. And get this, Fog Lights including installation for $1,850. What a crock of sh*t!

Old 05-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

Bought a new silver hybrid without nav this weekend.

OTD worked out to exactly 25K.

about 332 under msrp.

1000 even for 8 year / 120,000 mile / 0 deductible warranty.

I shopped around quite a bit. This is best I could work. I managed about 1000 off EX with nav but really wanted the hybrid. After all the work, I started on the hybrid and got them to knock off some price just to finish the deal. I think i paid about 500-600 more than I should have, if I was willing to fly to okalhoma and drive one in from mark roberts. In the end it wasn't worth all the trouble and we were getting one this weekend versus waiting for a couple of months for it.

As for extended warranty, I printed a quote from hondawarrantyinfor.com and got the dealer to match it.

Last edited by mahuja; 05-02-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

I was quoted $25881 for 2006 Magnetic Pearl Civic Hybrid with Navigation with a Chrome Exhaust, Fog Lights, Interior Gauge Trim, Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass, Interior Illumination, and Leather Steering-Wheel. What do you think? Should I put my $500 deposit now, or try to talk them down even more?

Old 05-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hmm. Do you actually want all of those options?

Old 05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That's what I was wondering.
I know dealers frequently put on a lot of high-profit stuff on high-demand cars.
I think it is unethical.

I made it clear 30 seconds after meeting dealers on the phone that I would not pay one penny for anything added by the dealer.
Many wouldn't go for it.
One even hung up on me.

Finally I did get my stock HCH2 no nav for $1000 under MSRP in California January 2 2006.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was quoted $25881 for 2006 Magnetic Pearl Civic Hybrid with Navigation with a Chrome Exhaust, Fog Lights, Interior Gauge Trim, Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass, Interior Illumination, and Leather Steering-Wheel. What do you think? Should I put my $500 deposit now, or try to talk them down even more?
Where are you located? I want to buy mine from there because without any accessories I'm looking at $26,100 minimum. However, does that include destination charges ($550 roughly) licensing, registration and taxes? Mine comes out about the same but jumps by $2k to $26,100 with taxes and all.

Thanks,
Shawn

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands