How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Banned
Default Re: How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi chuck; do i under stand you that their are dealers that already have had the 06 HCH's in stock and have delivered them to customers already?

Terry

BTW; chuck; have you seen one of the new 06 HCH's yourself???

I'm so Jealous LOL
I got in the interior of one a regular 2006 Civic and took a few pictues. Liked the double-deck dash that makes the speedometer seem almost like it's on the windshield.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Banned

I took two pictures of a 2006 Civic on the outside - wish I had taken the inside.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Enthusiast

I think its really high....for 27G's there are a lot of choices out there.
For me the draw is good for environment, satisfaction of 51mpg, tax credit, car pool access, and I just really like the car/design.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by powerglide
I think its really high....for 27G's there are a lot of choices out there.
For me the draw is good for environment, satisfaction of 51mpg, tax credit, car pool access, and I just really like the car/design.
How do you get to 27?
It's 24 with Nav. Add sales tax and you get to 26. Back out the tax credit, if you buy in 2006, and you're back to 24.

Old 11-23-2005, 04:50 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Great_Questions; Can't wait to see replies;

Terry

BTW; Gas is Very-Slowly creeping down; makes me wonder if the sell of the HCH will change and people will take the 06 Civic EX instead for the $$$$$
I guess I'll stand in for the Tree Hugging Hippies ( ) in this thread: not everybody the buys the car, does it because it nets out less money out of pocket than the car next to it on the lot.

It's certainly NICE that I get to drop about $100/month off my current car payments while at the same time doubling my MPG. Tax credits are fun too. But after driving one of these little buggers for a year in the Car #2 slot, I see there's a philosophical reason too:

Nobody on here makes much notice of the point that the 06 model is a Partial ZERO emissions vehicle. Except for having to dump the tires every few years, as long as you're using it, it's not doing much to pollute the environment.

It uses less fossil fuel to get us around (which is good as long as car makers see gasoline as the crack cocaine of their business) which is always good because it costs less.

The Native People teach us to walk with a light footprint on the land. Can you think of an easier/more effective way to do that than "Touch and Glide?"

Old 11-23-2005, 05:17 AM
Enthusiastically Active

At 22,400 MSRP I think the 06 HCH is priced very well. You can take any car and load it up with $5000 of options and say that the price doesn't then seems high. Besides the Nav system, here is a good site to buy your accessories and install yourself:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic06.html

The only real car to compare the HCH with is the Prius, which is similarly priced. You really can't compare it, or even the regular 06 Civic to other compact car brands, as the Civic is considered a "premium" small car. It is in a different league than compact competition from other makers such as the focus, cobalt, neon,elantra, etc...

Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Don't get all the options.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
How do you get to 27?
It's 24 with Nav. Add sales tax and you get to 26. Back out the tax credit, if you buy in 2006, and you're back to 24.
Well I added XM and Extended Warranty and did not count the deduction....either way its still pretty expensive for a Civic. (but pretty cheap for the technology youre gettin)

Old 11-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Archslater
At 22,400 MSRP I think the 06 HCH is priced very well. You can take any car and load it up with $5000 of options and say that the price doesn't then seems high. Besides the Nav system, here is a good site to buy your accessories and install yourself:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic06.html

The only real car to compare the HCH with is the Prius, which is similarly priced. You really can't compare it, or even the regular 06 Civic to other compact car brands, as the Civic is considered a "premium" small car. It is in a different league than compact competition from other makers such as the focus, cobalt, neon,elantra, etc...
Thanks for that link!

I took a look at the XM radio install guide (all 16 pages). Jeezus thats alot of hacking! Not only would I not want to do that to my new car, but I don't think I trust the Honda tech to be removing most of my dash, console, rear seats, etc.....thats kinda scary.

Good thing I saw it because I think I will let the honda techs practice on someone elses car for a while then bring it in later in 06.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Enthusiastically Active

You should check into getting a Delphi Roady XT, thats what I'm doing. Its very small, portable, and cost me $34 after rebate. It comes with everything needed for the car. I am expecting mine to arrive in the mail today. I will post pics when installed. I'm thinking it will fit nicely in the cubby beneath the climate control. The screen has many color modes so you can match it to the Civic, and the location of the power outlet/aux outlet should make it very discrete.

http://shop.xmradio.com/detail.aspx?pid=89&cat=8

Quick Reply: How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands