How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

I just went on my credit union website(NFCU) and their rate is 4.5% up to 60 months. I think the months play a factor in which rate you get. I think that Honda does have a 3.9 rate for up to 36months.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wow...3.9% ???

What's the term of the loan (24 months?)

I know Honda has a special 2.9%/3.9%/4.9% financing deal (12/24/36mo) listed on their website right now - but it's only on the Pilot, Ridgeline, CRV and the Odyssey.

I'd be VERY interested in knowing how you got that rate!! My CU is at 5.49 for up to 60 months and 4.49 for up to 24 months.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
I just went on my credit union website(NFCU) and their rate is
4.5% up to 60 months. I think the months play a factor in which rate you get. I think that Honda does have a 3.9 rate for up to 36months.
That's what I got from them in May, too. Honda couldn't touch that; neither could USAA. NFCU consistently has some of the lowest loan rates across the board.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

You got that right gonavy!! I have both of my current cars with them. I originally financed thru a dealer but then nfcu has these specials once in awhile that when you send the loan to them they give you $100 credit in your checking account and the lower apr to boot!! You active or retired? I've been retired navy for almost 11years now.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

I'm officially waiting now. Ordered a Magnetic Pearl. Should be ordered from Honda around 1/15, 1-2 weeks for Honda to process, then a build date from Honda a week later, and then about 2 months for building. I'd think then about a 5-6 day on the boat to the US? I think the reason where I got it can discount them is that they make it up on the finance, as I think the payment estimate showed 9.9% interest!
A local dealer said they couldn't order a car (they supposedly only order twice a year?!); they charged way more the accessories installation then the Honda webiste showed. Anyway - I probably won't get it until late March!

Old 12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've had my HCH on order for a while. Last week the dealer had one available but I wouldn't take it, since I'm waiting till January. He put me down for the next shipment which is expected Jan. 13th.

I wasn't too thrilled about that, so tonight I decided to start emailing a quote request to every dealer in the area. I got through about 15 of them and then the phone rang. A dealer who is not too close, but not too far to drive down, has the car I want. I'm picking it up on Monday.

Woohoo!

He offered it for MSRP. Without my asking he offered to send me a quote with the total price out the door. No hidden fees. No hidden extras. Yes, he's charging a doc fee of $45, but that's not enough to make a stink about.

Wow! I'm excited. It's perfect. Almost too good to be true.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wow - congratulations!
After my fiasco (wrong car brought in for me, changed quoted trade-in value on my Insight) resulting in changing dealerships - I won't know when my Mag Pearl w/Nav HCH will be in.
My new sales guy promised me a call within the next 2 weeks to let me know if they can locate one for me (a week or so), or if I'm going to have to order one (8-10 weeks).
Trying SO hard to be patient, but if my original dealer hadn't screwed everything up, I would have been driving it away this Monday morning. :-(

Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

I am also waiting until Monday to pick up our HCHII (Magnetic Pearl). The dealer gave us a call and said it was in and we could test drive. Couple of thoughts

I like the color, a bit subdued, but sort of stands out because it is non-standard.

Those brakes are touchy! Will take some time getting used to. Your first press seems to get an out-of-proportion response from the generator. After driving around town to about 5 miles we were able to get the hang of it a bit.

We got about 44-45 mpg in mixed driving over about 15 miles. The drive was in the rain, the engine is not broken in, and it probably has winter gas in the tank - so I was pretty happy.

DKeane

Old 12-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

I agree on the brakes. The dealer had an HCH on the lot, so I at least got to take one for a test drive. Compared to my Insight, the brakes are very touchy - I had to apologize to the sales guy a couple of times for quicker-than-intended stops.

The CVT is also going to take some 'getting used to' - I've been driving a 5-spd Insight for so long, and the only other AT cars I drive are my wife's Pilot and my F-150 - the CVT is very different compared to them.

Old 12-30-2005, 04:21 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by ElanC
I've had my HCH on order for a while. Last week the dealer had one available but I wouldn't take it, since I'm waiting till January. He put me down for the next shipment which is expected Jan. 13th.

I wasn't too thrilled about that, so tonight I decided to start emailing a quote request to every dealer in the area. I got through about 15 of them and then the phone rang. A dealer who is not too close, but not too far to drive down, has the car I want. I'm picking it up on Monday.

Woohoo!

He offered it for MSRP. Without my asking he offered to send me a quote with the total price out the door. No hidden fees. No hidden extras. Yes, he's charging a doc fee of $45, but that's not enough to make a stink about.

Wow! I'm excited. It's perfect. Almost too good to be true.
Hi Elan; say your excited and guess what I am (Excited-For-You).

Enjoy:

Terry

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands