How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by sparksongs
We should have our Magnetic Pearl w/ Navi in early/mid January 06. (Needed to wait because we bought a Prius this past July and can only have one Tax credit/deduction per year per tax return) .
I don't blame you for waiting till January, because the credit in 2006 will be much more valuable than the current deduction. But I wonder, why do you think that only one deduction or credit is allowed per year?

Old 12-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Proud owner HCHII

I agree with "guvmint_cheese". It is like being engaged to be married - your mind is made up, quite definite!.. But you have to wait a while. Then a sleek new model draws up beside you and your heart takes a leap. Then a friend takes you out with the love of his life she/it has loads of sex appeal. Oh dear! Am i doing the right thing?..........

Old 12-18-2005, 09:17 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by guvmint_cheese
I just ordered mine two minutes ago for pick-up on January 2nd. Galaxy Grey wo/Navi. My current car informed me yesterday that it was time (some electrical glitch that keeps shorting out the car). I wasn't 100% sold on the hybrid, so I test-drove an LX just to make sure. While it was a very nice car, I didn't feel like the power difference was that noticable from the hybrid, and there was something about the 5-sp auto that didn't sit well with me.

I've never purchased a new car before - never believed in spending that much on a depreciating asset. Since the wife and I are trying to fill the back seat with kids, I want something reliable, so I've taken the plunge. I went with Gillman Honda in Rosenberg (TX), who was very up-front with me and always has been. They were the only dealership in Houston who offered me a good deal on a 2005 HCH almost a year ago when I was initially considering (don't confuse with Gillman Houston, which I've heard questionable things about). Part of me is absolutely thrilled about this purchase, while the other part of me is mentally in a corner rocking back and forth and sucking my thumb wondering what the heck I just did. I did the right thing, right?

This is going to be a nice way to start off the new year :-)
Hey; there is (NO-DOUBT) at all in my mind that you as well as myself and all the rest of the members here and Non-Members that have purchased and took delivery already and the ones of us that have Ordered theirs have made the "RIGHT DECISION" or a whole lot of people have really went off the (Very-Deep-End) and I don't think that is the case.

You Did-Good:

Terry

BTW: Just think and pass this on to the wife. These HCH ll's are really "QUITE-INSIDE" so they want wake-up those New Babies as they arrive one day.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-18-2005 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Left the word (to) out. on (to) the wife
Old 12-18-2005, 09:30 AM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by sparksongs
We should have our Magnetic Pearl w/ Navi in early/mid January 06. (Needed to wait because we bought a Prius this past July and can only have one Tax credit/deduction per year per tax return) .
Hey tom; you just got the your 1st Sun. That was for the Prius and now here comes the HCH ll. So heck another Very Brite Sunny moment in your life. Your the man. Hybrids everywhere at your Place soon.
Very-Cool.

Terry

BTW: Just got to put these Shades on way to many Suns on Here

Old 12-18-2005, 09:38 AM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by MG_HCHII
Yup, waiting on a Silver one till January. Deal is at invoice + $1000, so it's $21,517 + title/license (no sales tax in Oregon!). I'm still smiling about it.

MG
MG-HCHII; Go Big Dog I have a 06 Alabaster Silver Metallic coming I hope in Jan. myself. Say I just looked at that color on a Non-Hybrid in the Sun and it was just like Way to Brite and Shiney. Bad to The Bone, I Likeeeeeee

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

put my order in for magnetic pearl (galaxy grey second choice) for mid jan. delivery.pleasantl surprised about tax credit!!! like icing on the cake.

cheers
Gary

Old 12-18-2005, 03:20 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by Gary K
put my order in for magnetic pearl (galaxy grey second choice) for mid jan. delivery.pleasantl surprised about tax credit!!! like icing on the cake.

cheers
Gary
Hey Gary K; thanks for joining us here on (GreenHybrid) and while I am at it let me just say Congrats on the incoming HCH ll in Jan. of 2006. There is just more and more of us every day. Very-Cool

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think I have just decided to go with the HCH II over my other choices, but I am waiting until January for more than just the tax credit ... that is when I will be able to afford it too . Nice raise coming . Want to get the Magnetic Pearl and I hope the two tone interior looks nice!!! I wouldn't mind if it was all dark blue but, it will be nice to have the exclusive color combo. Now I need to find a dealer to get a good deal on the car ... some of them can be quite sneaky ok nice to meet you all and to have learned about this group. Everyone seems to be rather great, and not as many arguements as in other message boards I have been in the past.

Take care and have fun everyone!!!

Old 12-18-2005, 08:11 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
I think I have just decided to go with the HCH II over my other choices, but I am waiting until January for more than just the tax credit ... that is when I will be able to afford it too . Nice raise coming . Want to get the Magnetic Pearl and I hope the two tone interior looks nice!!! I wouldn't mind if it was all dark blue but, it will be nice to have the exclusive color combo. Now I need to find a dealer to get a good deal on the car ... some of them can be quite sneaky ok nice to meet you all and to have learned about this group. Everyone seems to be rather great, and not as many arguements as in other message boards I have been in the past.

Take care and have fun everyone!!!
Nice to have you here at GreenHybrid and I hope the PM I sent you answered all your questions.

The PM was so long that I ended up only sending the Information on the vehicles with no-comments from me. Hope the info. was complete enough.

Regards;

Terry

I had to (Delete) 4,811 Characters for the system to except the PM back to you:

Old 12-18-2005, 09:59 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Fourteen days and counting for me...

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands