How to Get Tax Credit

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default How to Get Tax Credit

I got my Civic Hybrid Saturday and I'm wondering if you need some type of documentation from the dealer that you bought a hybrid that counts as one of the 60,000 Hondas in order to get it. It looks like you just fill out the appropriate form (8910) when you fill out your taxes, but that form doesn't ask you what kind of car you bought or anything. There is no proof required it seems that you bought the hybrid. I just want to know how you actually get the credit.

Thanks,

Alex

Old 07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How to Get Tax Credit

I think big brother knows all.

Doesn't the government get all of your personal info when you first register the vehicle?

You got a sales contract from the dealer that indicates which hybrid you bought.
I don't think there is anything else.

Last edited by kenny; 07-19-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How to Get Tax Credit

The wife and I use tax software that actually has a box you check for "low fuel use vehicle" or some such.

This year we will be able to check it.

The software is updated yearly so I would guess that it will ask for info to be entered when the box is checked. (Civic? Prius? TDI? etc)