How does the autolock work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default How does the autolock work?

For all you 2006 HCH owners, I test drove a hybrid today and expected the autolock to lock the doors automatically. I read there was some sort of a customizable autolock feature on the hybrids. Is that not true? Or did they need to be set?

Old 01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How does the autolock work?

They need to be set. Default is off. All 06 civics have this feature. Its simple. I turned them on in my EX. Our 05 Accord wont do it... LMAO

Old 01-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

Put the key in and turn on the car. Put the transmission in drive and then press and hold the lock door button on the fob. Hold for five seconds get one click, hold for another five and you get two clicks.

One click = doors lock upon entry into drive
Two clicks = doors lock over a certain mph (15 I think - can't remember)

DKeane

Old 01-02-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by dkeane
Put the key in and turn on the car. Put the transmission in drive and then press and hold the lock door button on the fob. Hold for five seconds get one click, hold for another five and you get two clicks.

One click = doors lock upon entry into drive
Two clicks = doors lock over a certain mph (15 I think - can't remember)

DKeane
Very cool. Thanks. I figured as much. They propable don't want it on since I hear most American's don't like this feature and tend to disable it. Why people don't like to be secure is beyond me.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZMerf
Very cool. Thanks. I figured as much. They propable don't want it on since I hear most American's don't like this feature and tend to disable it. Why people don't like to be secure is beyond me.
Because most Americans arent fraidy cats. The feature when you turn the car off only unlocks the drivers door. So the driver has to hit the armrest switch to unlock the others. I may undo mine. Wife about broke the door open lever trying to get out one day. It pissed her off. Its nice,, but come on its not worth a dime as a feature.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well that depends on where you live right? If you live in a town with a high crime rate, you probably shouldn't take chances.

Originally Posted by psyshack
Because most Americans arent fraidy cats. The feature when you turn the car off only unlocks the drivers door. So the driver has to hit the armrest switch to unlock the others. I may undo mine. Wife about broke the door open lever trying to get out one day. It pissed her off. Its nice,, but come on its not worth a dime as a feature.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by psyshack
Its nice,, but come on its not worth a dime as a feature.

Hmmm... just depends on what bad neighborhood of what big city you drive through every day I suppose.

I liked/ignored it on my BMW where it locked the doors at-speed, but anybody could then open the door by .... opening it... after the car was done travelling. It was pretty benign.

But my mother has this (car from Hekk) Buick Park Avenue that was the dealer's wife's car in its first life (every option in the book on it) and it does the auto-locks only you CAN'T open the doors without using the power door lock switch.

Problem is.... if anything happens that you're in the car and you lose power (which kills the door locks AND the windows AND the air conditioning) then suddenly you're canned Herring. PRAY it doesn't happen on a July day when you left your cell fone at home.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

If you want your doors locked when driving ... how hard is it really to lock them yourself? If you were in a high crime area wouldn't you think about that anyway? I don't want someone trying to rip my door handle off. I had that almost happen because the child safety lock was engaged on one side and not the other, so they got out easy at one place we stopped, sat on the other side and I head a loud noise (I am a little overboard on babying my car, but it is new!!!). I just feel it is pointess since it would take you a second to either hit the button on the door or the one on your key fob thingy. Auto-down on the windows is more useful for me hehe

Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
If you want your doors locked when driving ... how hard is it really to lock them yourself? If you were in a high crime area wouldn't you think about that anyway? I don't want someone trying to rip my door handle off. I had that almost happen because the child safety lock was engaged on one side and not the other, so they got out easy at one place we stopped, sat on the other side and I head a loud noise (I am a little overboard on babying my car, but it is new!!!). I just feel it is pointess since it would take you a second to either hit the button on the door or the one on your key fob thingy. Auto-down on the windows is more useful for me hehe
That is why Honda is smart and created the customized autolock feature I guess. I love the fact they lock automatically and I don't have the think about it. Same with the climate control. I like thinking about driving and play with the nav system and not all these extraneous tasks.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:50 AM

I like the feature.
I'll set it so the doors lock when I put it into drive and only the driver's door unlocks when I park.

Keeping your doors locked is not only about crime.
You are slightly more likely to be injured in certain types of accidents if the door is not locked.
In other words, a locked door is less likely to come open in an accident.

Quick Reply: How does the autolock work?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands