How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

Um yeah that really sucks. I had a subaru that did that and it was really loud and annoying. We took it to the dealer to have it deactivated and they couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry man.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Default Re: How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

Sounds to me like you should have someone take a look at it, because it is NOT supposed to do that and there is no user-activated setting that I know of that you can change. I just hope that zimbop's subaru dealers aren't a good example of what you can expect from the Honda people. It doesn't hurt to give them a call, though, especially when you can say that you've checked with other HCH owners and it must be a defect. They're responsible for fixing it.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Bud
Enthusiast

Ok well, I located the grey alarm box to the left of the steering wheel under the dash and I pulled the plug to the output of the horn. So now it arms/disarms silent, but if someone breaks into my car the horn wont go off, oh well. At least it's not honking everytime.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
I just hope that zimbop's subaru dealers aren't a good example of what you can expect from the Honda people. .
It wasn't really subaru's fault. It was some rinky-dink aftermarket alarm system that had been wired into a lot of internal systems and the dealer was afraid that messing with it would corrupt things, and I agreed.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:01 AM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Something that might be a possibility... I installed a 3rd party door lock/alarm system in my Cavalier. When I push the arm button, it chirps once. When I push the disarm button it chirps twice. I occasionally go into my car at 1 or 2 in the morning to get a pack of cigarettes and don't want it to chirp. The remote has 3 buttons: one for arm/disarm, one for trunk pop (which I didn't have installed) and a third for panic. If I hold the panic button in for 2-3 seconds the alarm will go off in panic mode. BUT if I hit the panic button quickly then hit the arm/disarm button, it silences the chirping when unlocking and locking the door. Worth a shot to try it out.