HOV stickers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default HOV stickers

Hi,

The current HOV stickers in CA expire Jan 01, 2011. What are the odds that they will be extended?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HOV stickers

I thought it was 2012? Maybe I'm just crazy.
Anyways there currently isn't any legislation that would extend them. So in order for the date to be extended, they will have to make one and pass it. Not really sure what the odds of that happening are. Hopefully they will renew it or make some other incentive for driving a hybrid, like the tax credit which is also on its way to expiration.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

All Clean Air Vehicle stickers will expire January 1, 2011, unless the law authorizing their use is extended beyond that date. (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm)

I am guessing by 2010 Hybrids will be a norm so I do not see any special incentives to buy one. My 2 cents!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM

Yeah. I guess so. I'm still mad that I never even got the stickers... I bought right after the cutoff. I see an SUV w/ 2 people in the carpool lane and I know that if they were each driving their own HCH, they would still be using less gas than carpooling in that SUV.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast

If you absolutely can't live without those stickers like me (commuting 140miles a day in my Insight) you can check out this little baby I am writing Santa for.

www.flytheroad.com

CA DMV has it listed as a motorcycle = carpool rdy.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Antjel
you can check out this little baby I am writing Santa for.

www.flytheroad.com
OK, that is cool!!! I want one too!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

Well...there is some hope for Hybrid stickers too

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,7786304.story

However your hybrid has to be rated at 65mpg or higher. I know there are some coming out that are trying to claim higher but I don't know if there is any existing this rule would pertain too. So all the yellow stickers are going bye-bye and it will be just the White ones...of course if the extension is approved.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast

The stickers expire January 1, 2011. The latest discussion in Sacramento was to let all 85,000 expire then create a program for newer technology - all electric, hydrogen powered, etc. This would EXCLUDE any of the existing vehicles covered under today's program.
I suggest you write (ASAP) to your State Assemblyperson and/or State Senator and ask that existing sticker holders be "grandfathered" into any new plan. I suggested in my letter that I would be willing to pay a reasonable annual fee, and go through an annual registration process in order to keep my sticker.
THANKS

Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Enthusiast

Unless I am understanding this wrong, it looks like the CA DMV extended the sticker to July 1, 2011! Kewl!

http://dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

"Recent state law (SB535/2010) extends: Use of Clean Air Stickers for hybrids (yellow) through July 1, 2011."

Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

Here's more:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

"Yellow Clean Air Vehicle Stickers were limited to the first 85,000 applicants of qualifying hybrids. This limit has been reached and there will be no more yellow stickers issued. The expiration date for the yellow stickers has been extended until July 1, 2011. Hybrid vehicles shaded below in yellow are the only models that qualified and there will be no further models added. Any new applications for yellow Clean Air Vehicle stickers will be rejected."

Quick Reply: HOV stickers

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands