******Honda Lemon?******

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default ******Honda Lemon?******

Crown Honda Problems

The decision to purchase a brand new 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid was as easy one. I had owned a civic in the past that
stood up to the Honda name and was trouble free. Buying this Honda would be an easy one as long I as the test drive
of the Hybrid was fine which it was. I fell in love with car instantly. Now the problems are starting.

1. Spots! Owning the car now for only 20 days I have now noticed there are glossy spots all over the dashboard, air
vents and the plastic area around the GPS screen. I can best describe the spots as looking like they were sprayed
on during the assembly process. The spots arent of a differnt color but as dark and glossy almost like an adhesive.
I took it back to Honda to show them and they said they could get it out with some cleaner their onsite detailer
had. He wiped it down and it appeared to have worked until a few hours later when they all appeared again. They are
everywhere on the dash.

2. I noticed the trunk opener lever doesnt open the trunk so I opened the trunk with the key opener and took a look
around and the lever cable has been cut in half, severed.

3. When we purchased the Honda Civic Hybrid they told us all the cars come with the new nitrogen in the tires to
help with the gas mileage and because it lasts longer than air. I started to wonder why the tires looked low if
there was nitrogen in them. There wasnt. No blue caps on the tires to confirm this. I brought it back a after a
week and they confirmed there was no nitrogen in them. They took the car back to fill the tires but after it taking
2 hours I asked what the heck was taking so long and they said they hadnt done a PDI on the car before I bought it
so there doing it while they have it. PDI is (Previous Dealer Inspection)

4. Dont you normally get a full tank of gas when you buy a new car? I didnt.

I just spent close to $30,000 for this? I need advice.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Default Re: ******Honda Lemon?******

Well, in some states you have to take the car back 3 times or something for the same problem for it to be legally a lemon. However, it does sound like they did give you a car that wasn't ready for delivery.

About the nitrogen in the tires. It doesn't help FE any more than keeping your tires properly inflated will. The only benefit is that it *might* not drop in psi over time as much as regular air. The negative is that you might think your tires are fine and never check them because they are supposed to leak less. If you check your tires regularly there is no real need for nitrogen. If it is free then take it, but never pay to have nitrogen put in your tires.

Not sure what the spots are from. Maybe some armor-all or some such product would get rid of them. Don't know for sure though.

As far as them filling up the tank, I think most dealers do that. I don't think they have to, but I don't think you will find a dealer that doesn't do it.

I hope things work out for you. So far it seems like you have had a few annoyances with your purchase. I hope things work out better in the long run and you fall in love with your car like many of us have.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Seems like the dealer makes the car, not the other way around. We have a 2000 Odessey that's been a fabulous van, but we had it back to the dealer for all sorts of defects, and finally figured out it was the dealer's incompentance and/or lack of knowlegde. They didn't know where the spare tire was (I read it myself in the manual) and they even sliced one of the fuel injector lines, then gave the car back to us. We filled our garage with gas vapor (always a fun event) and had to have the van flatbedded back to the dealer. We now take the van to another dealer and haven't had a lick of trouble.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Pale Driver

Seems like it's the dealer that's the lemon here. How about making sure they fill your tank as a "courtesy" when they fix the trunk latch cable?

Old 06-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

This is the dealer that's dropping the ball here. Tell them that your concerned and want to see what they'll do before completing the satisfaction survey. The dash thing sounds like it could require more investigation to determine what that is.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

if possible, please post a pic of the dash streaks/marks

Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 AM

fyi

PDI=Pre Delivery inspection.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:40 AM

$30,000? I hope that isn't US currency.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM
For my daughter

Humm, apparently, you had a Dealer Lemon not a Honda Lemon. I would rate the delivery of my car at 60%. I had to comeback for forgotten items and let the car for the day. The car itself is great. The dealder is so so.

Pierre

Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 PM

$30,000 USD?? Are you sure?? If so, you really got ripped off here. New 07' Civic Hybrids with NAV should start at $25,000 ...

Quick Reply: ******Honda Lemon?******

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands