Help please hybrid battery (A/C)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Help please hybrid battery (A/C)

Hey, I have 2009 Honda civic hybrid. So when I drive without a/c my hybrid battery always full, and it really helps to accelerate way faster, but when I turn on my A/C it takes all the battery away right away, so basically when I have a/c on i always drive without hybrid assist when accelerating. So I was wondering if is it possible to maybe make the a/c work through the engine or the battery that by the engine not the hybrid battery, cuz I would like to use hybrid battery for accelerations.

Old 07-09-2023, 03:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help please hybrid battery (A/C)

The 06-11 HCH has a combined A/C compressor - both belt driven and electric. I have owned 2X 2006, and I saw similar performance. A 1.3L engine is going to struggle to both accelerate and power the compressor by any means.

If your A/C system is properly functioning, your best option is to simply manually deactivate A/C during acceleration and immediately turn it back on with AUTO button. The '09-11 HCH has the distinction of having the WORST hybrid battery ever made with a 30% failure rate over 3-4 years. The primary cause is poor cooling. Recommend you blast the A/C on MAX and aim the two center vents so they "lob" their air onto the rear deck where the battery intake is.