head light

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default head light

is that a way to turn the head light off automatically? i have searched the manual and couldn't find it. maybe it is just lack of this feature??? that's so inconvience because i forget to turn off the head light one time and my battery runs out !

Old 03-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Re: head light

There should be a "ding ding" noise to remind you to turn them off?

Old 03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, that happened to me on the way home from picking up the car. I forgot to turn the lights off, and the battery ran out. What was REALLY cool though was that the IMA battery started the car instead and I didn't have to call Triple A or anything, boy that was sweet. Helps to have two batteries sometimes....

And yes, you should hear the "ding ding" sound, I didn't pay attention because I was so tired when I got home that morning, but I've heard it other times when I've left the lights on....

Old 03-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mexiken
Yes, that happened to me on the way home from picking up the car. I forgot to turn the lights off, and the battery ran out. What was REALLY cool though was that the IMA battery started the car instead and I didn't have to call Triple A or anything, boy that was sweet. Helps to have two batteries sometimes....

And yes, you should hear the "ding ding" sound, I didn't pay attention because I was so tired when I got home that morning, but I've heard it other times when I've left the lights on....

I have the same situation. i left the head light on when i left my car to work, and the battery rans out when i come back like 9 hours later. however, i am just wondering how do you use the IMA battery to start the car? when my battery rans out, i just couldn't start it at all, and i have to jumpstart it by my co-worker.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by comebackkit
I have the same situation. i left the head light on when i left my car to work, and the battery rans out when i come back like 9 hours later. however, i am just wondering how do you use the IMA battery to start the car? when my battery rans out, i just couldn't start it at all, and i have to jumpstart it by my co-worker.
The car is normally started by the IMA battery pack. But if your auxilliary battery is completely dead then the car's on board computer won't work, the ignition mechanism won't work, and you can't start the car.