HCHII - CVT - Cruise Control - Cancel

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Lightbulb HCHII - CVT - Cruise Control - Cancel

In my previous Honda - Accord Coupe 3L V6 - when I cancelled 'cruise' there was no '******'. I have now learned with HCHII to use the accelerator to match the speed and revs at the time of cancellation to avoid a slight 'thunk' as the cvt adjusts to engine speed with a closed throttle. The only problem is training myself to remember! I use cruise a lot, often to remain within the law in speed regulated areas.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:39 AM
YA RLY.
Default Re: HCHII - CVT - Cruise Control - Cancel

That "******" (that word just doesn't sound appropriate ) is regen plus cylinder deactivation. I personally don't mind it much. However your mileage may vary (literally)

Old 03-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree. I've never had a car that (I would say) lurches when you cancel the cruise control. My Escape is bad but not like this. I am learning to ignore it or match the speed as you say if I think it will be particularly bad. I'll have to remember to notice if the regen is engaged or not when it's bad.

Old 03-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tulip
In my previous Honda - Accord Coupe 3L V6 - when I cancelled 'cruise' there was no '******'. I have now learned with HCHII to use the accelerator to match the speed and revs at the time of cancellation to avoid a slight 'thunk' as the cvt adjusts to engine speed with a closed throttle. The only problem is training myself to remember! I use cruise a lot, often to remain within the law in speed regulated areas.
I have no idea what you're talking about. On the HCH, as in any other car, cruise control is implemented by the position of the gas pedal. The engine and the CVT have no idea that you're in cruise control and they don't behave any differently. Cancelling cruise control has exactly the same effect as driving at a constant speed under manual (foot) control and suddenly taking your foot off the pedal.