HCH Settlement Proceeding

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HCH Settlement Proceeding

Of note the HCH class action lawsuit regarding disappointing mileage and battery depletion is proceeding and an effective date has been announced: October 19th, 2012. This means if you purchased a new HCH with model years 2003-2008 you have until six months from this date, April 19, 2013, to submit your claim form.

www.hchsettlement.com

Even if you excluded yourself from the original settlement you can still join it by sending in a claim form.

It's my understanding HCH years 2003-2005 can received $100 cash and HCH years 2006-2008 can received $200.

Additionally HCH years 2003-2005 owners can receive a $1,000 rebate certificate towards a new Honda or Acura if they purchase it themselves or a $500 transferrable rebate certificate.

HCH years 2006-2008 owners can receive the $1,000 rebate certificate in addition to a $500 transferrable rebate certificate.

Also for model years 2006-2008 the IMA warranty is extended to nine years (from eight) and to 92,000 miles (from 80,000) in states without higher requirements. For those whose battery failed during this period and incurred repair/replacement costs out of pocket they can be reimbursed by filling out & submitting the documentation.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH Settlement Proceeding

Originally Posted by ChicagoHCHII
Also for model years 2006-2008 the IMA warranty is extended to nine years (from eight) and to 92,000 miles (from 80,000) in states without higher requirements. For those whose battery failed during this period and incurred repair/replacement costs out of pocket they can be reimbursed by filling out & submitting the documentation.
Note that my Honda dealer is replacing my battery under these terms. The battery had failed long before 80k but I couldn't get them to fix it. Then the IMA light came on at 82,000 miles. They then looked up the rules, told me about the extended warranty, ordered a battery and said they would take care of it. Woohoo thank you trial lawyers! I will follow up if anything changes.

Last edited by xoham; 11-30-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast

Has anyone received their cash or rebate certificate? When can we expect these?

Also, as far as selling the transferrable certificate, is there any precedence for this, i.e. can you do this in eBay and what can you expect to get for it in terms of % of the total rebate value?

Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Think green.

If you received the class action mailing, there were forms included with that. I think you might have to send in the appropriate form for what you want, such as the rebate certificates, etc.
If you didn't receive paperwork in the mail, look through the HCH settlement's website for info on how to obtain any necessary forms.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

I got paperwork in the mail over a year ago and sent in the forms last summer.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Think green.

I think in that case, from what I read, they had to wait until the date everything was settled before they could do anything with the paperwork that they'd already received from people. That date if I remember correctly was sometime in mid-October.

It couldn't hurt to call and ask what the status of everything is. I made a call regarding another issue and they returned my call within a day.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2012 settlement

Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast

I recently (10days back) bought a certified Civic 2008 Hybrid from a Honda dealer. Just browsing the forums, found this thread... Is this class action applicable to me even though I am not the first owner? Independent of the cash payment, I would like to know if the warranty extension is applicable, to 9 years instead of 8 as originally meant for Texas where I live. Thanks for the great work in maintaining this forum and the headsup on this issue.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Enthusiast

The warranty extends by 1 year and 12K miles beyond whatever it is for your state. So, yes the warranty is extended to 9 years for your location.

The cash payment is applicable to the owner at the time of submission for the lawsuit. I am not the 1st owner, but received the $100 payment.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

My IMA and check engine light just came on, went to the dealer and they scanned the code. They have ordered a replacement under warranty. Should have it installed soon!

'Cant wait. I have been waiting for the current battery to fail. This cold weather has really shown just how bad the battery is, recals every 5 minutes is silly.

hardly ever enough power, it really seemed unsafe at times, had to rev the engine up to get going. Thank goodness it is a Honda, they love to REV high!

Quick Reply: HCH Settlement Proceeding

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands