Default Re: HCH sales up, Prius down

Originally Posted by kenny
What is F1?
Formula 1 racing

http://www.formula1.com/

Old 06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default F1 is...............

Formula One World Championship. Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello (late of Ferrari) are the two Honda drivers. Renault are currently leading with Ferrari second and Mclaren-Mercedes third. Sadly Toyota and Honda are still struggling to find their best form. Have a look at www.formula1.com to learn more. Honda are in fourth place and Toyota seventh. The Canadian Grand Prix is the 25th June and the US on the 2nd July.

Last edited by Tulip; 06-02-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HyChi
With more options available, the number of Prius buyers naturally goes down.
I think this misses the point. There are still a lot more potential Prius buyers than cars being built. Toyota would sell more if they built more. So the fact that Prius sales are down is not for lack of demand. There aren't any Prii sitting on dealer lots. Thus, if sales are down it must be because production and shipments are down.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

For the entire 6 weeks while I was waiting for my 06 the dealer always had at least two Priuses on the lot at MSRP. He offered them to me quite a few times but I wanted the Honda. It was a combination Honda, Toyota, and GMC dealership.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just the past few days ago I was getting my Toyota Tacoma serviced and saw 4 Prius on the lot. When I picked up the truck the next day there were still 3 on the lot. at least 30 hours would have passed between when I dropped it off and picked it up.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
Just the past few days ago I was getting my Toyota Tacoma serviced and saw 4 Prius on the lot. When I picked up the truck the next day there were still 3 on the lot. at least 30 hours would have passed between when I dropped it off and picked it up.
I'm amazed.

Well, I could have been wrong.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I don't know if they were the three of the same 4 from the previous day... I have no idea whether another shipment of Prius arrived. But, they were all a silver color and there was a black looking one (or just a dark color). Anyway, the 3 silver looking ones were on the lot and the dark one was not.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-03-2006, 03:19 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Talking Re: HCH sales up, Prius down

Originally Posted by dburanich
For the entire 6 weeks while I was waiting for my 06 the dealer always had at least two Priuses on the lot at MSRP. He offered them to me quite a few times but I wanted the Honda. It was a combination Honda, Toyota, and GMC dealership.
It would be of interest to many HCH and Prius owners to hear a year from now, 2yrs. from now etc - how the two hybrids are doing as far as service needs, problems etc. Please let us know what the service department at this dealer is seeing.

I have been surprised to see how close the 2 cars are doing in FE - despite what the EPA and Consumer Reports are telling us. The GH database currently shows a mere .8 mpg advantage for the Prius. I recently went on a short trip (mix of 4-lane and local roads) and got 69.0 mpg ! This trip was on small hills in 69 degree F weather. The total miles were 78.2 - I used the cruise control set at 48 mph. A few times on the 4-lane segments I used the hazard blinkers to alert other drivers that I was driving slower than the posted 65 mph speed limit. I love this car.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had an opportunity to get a Prius hwever, I never bothered to test drive because I don't fit. There a dealers with Prius' on the lot at Miller Toyota in Culver city I was offered one to purchase ready to deliver.

Quick Reply: HCH sales up, Prius down

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands