HCH II Sliding Arm Rest

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HCH II Sliding Arm Rest

Has anyone else noticed that the armrest over the center console slides forward extending the comfort range for your arm. Came across it completely by accident today.

Is there anything else I haven't discovered yet???

Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Witch
Default Re: HCH II Sliding Arm Rest

That depends... What else have you discovered?

Old 05-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I, like almost everyone else, have not read my owner's manual cover to cover.
Shall we say, "Not riveting reading"?
Maybe it would make appropriate bathroom reading.

Another feature that might be obscure is the "intelligent" windshield wipers.
On a certain setting they slow down when you are stopped and speed up when you do.
Check your manual.

A bad surprise for me was when I found out the car turns the air conditioner on when I direct air flow up to the windshdield.
Then there is no green LED that warns you it is on, just a small dim AC ON on the display that old farts like me can't see without our glasses.
If you didn't know this you might drive around for a long time with the AC on.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dburanich
Has anyone else noticed that the armrest over the center console slides forward extending the comfort range for your arm. Came across it completely by accident today.

Is there anything else I haven't discovered yet???
The salesman actually showed me that feature. I think he was trying to divert my attention, because I was complaining about the complete lack of rear cup-holders! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd think that when you spend >$26K on a car, they'd have included all the basics!

We went to Pep Boys and picked up one of those little consoles that sits on the floor to hold cups, CDs, tissues, but it's a half-assed solution.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Rear cup holders? I've never seen a car that had those before. Fronts, sure, but why would I want to encourage kids with liquids?

Old 05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Rear cup holders? I've never seen a car that had those before. Fronts, sure, but why would I want to encourage kids with liquids?
Yes, rear cup holders. I haven't seen many new cars in the past 5 years that DON'T have at least one.

I guess I'm spoiled because my main ride prior to this was a Ford Exploder (which pretty much remains parked now) that had pretty much everthing you could ever want or need.

Kids AND adults ride in back seats. I'd much rather have cup holders and risk a drink splashing a bit when I hit a bump, then to have the passengers try to balance the drink or wedge it between their legs.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My Honda Odyssey has 17 beverage holders. Isn't that crazy? You would think that in the HCHII they could at least put one of those slide out cup holders on the backside of the front center console.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
I, like almost everyone else, have not read my owner's manual cover to cover.
Shall we say, "Not riveting reading"?
Maybe it would make appropriate bathroom reading.

I have read the manual, (found it on-line) but that was the only thing I could do since I have been waiting for my new ride for 4 weeks now.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
My Honda Odyssey has 17 beverage holders. Isn't that crazy? You would think that in the HCHII they could at least put one of those slide out cup holders on the backside of the front center console.
That would have been the perfect solution! Out of the way when not in use, but there when you need it.

I just thought of another thing I find kind of odd on such a high tech vehicle. Why the heck, with all the electrical whiz-bang technology in these cars, do we have to manually jack our seats up and down??? How hard or expensive would it have been to put in power seats?

I guess if the lack of rear cup holders and a powered driver's seat are the only issues I have to b*tch about, I should just shut up and be happy.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The dealer showed us the armrest.

I couldn't figure out the door to the auxiliary audio port. My other half pointed out that it folds down, not up. I felt like the gifted kid in the Far Side cartoon.

Quick Reply: HCH II Sliding Arm Rest

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands