HCH II Floor mat update

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default HCH II Floor mat update

I spoke with the Honda dealer today to see if I am EVER going to get my car back the Paint is done, the window parts are in and going to be installed tommorrow....the thing that seems to have garnered a lot of attention from my "now I am mad" post was the floormats...

The service rep indicated they were having lots of problems with the mats & that they have replaced several for the last 2 model years cause, well, they are cheap....foam and carpet like flock from what I can tell.
I suspect they are intended to look good when you buy the car & Honda is hoping you will replace them yourself in a few weeks .

This really get's me P.O'd that Honda would use something that cheap...o.k. maybe in a DX but still not really.

I have seen some mats with Civic embrordered in them for about $100, not sure where...if I can find them I am going to check them out & see if they are any better. I asked the service rep about them & she did not seem to know what I was talking about.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II Floor mat update

I have had my HCH2 for 10 mths. and have not noticed any ware marks on my mats. Touch wood. H

Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, those mats are horrible. I immediately replaced with the all season ones, though they're marked by black soles very easily.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Think green.

I found these; not sure if they'd be the same mats you had trouble with; maybe you can tell by looking at the picture.

http://honda.autowebaccessories.com/...od24_14653.php

Old 09-26-2007, 06:46 AM

those aren't the mats; the cheap ones that we're wearing through don't say 'civic' on them. I think those are the ones that Bob was saying were better. Is this right, Bob?

I think I'm going to email my dealer about the floor mats...

Old 09-26-2007, 06:54 AM

I have both the all season and the embroided mats and they still appear new (I bought my car in 2002 (2003 model)).

Old 09-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, giantquesadilla, I am talking about the mats that came with the car, they DO NOT have the logo on them....I did look at the web site for the mats above, that is what I am looking for at a goood price BUT they only come in Gray ....I have the blue/tan interior. I saw they had some tan mats with the "H" on them, but they were closer to $100.00.... & not what I really wanted! ahh, the qwest for Blue, Civic mats that will hold up for more than a couple of months.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Harold
I have had my HCH2 for 10 mths. and have not noticed any ware marks on my mats. Touch wood. H
Ditto at 6 and 12 months.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Think green.

Blue...will keep a lookout for that. I haven't seen blue ones anywhere.
If you click on the links for previous years you will find other colors; not sure how the shape of the mats has changed from the HCH I to the HCH II. They have black, taupe (? = tan), gray and ivory. They have a simple "H" Honda logo. These seem to be the like the originals that I have; the material looks the same to me. $67.72.

http://honda.autowebaccessories.com/...prod24_304.php

They also have some that say Civic SI; they are black.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Think green.

Egads!
This site has dark blue (2006-2007) mats for $78:

http://www.hondafloormats.com/civicsedan/index.htm

Quick Reply: HCH II Floor mat update

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands