HCH colors. I've seen better...on HC Si

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default HCH colors. I've seen better...on HC Si

I went to a Honda email link today to "build my hybrid" and was a bit disappointed at the exterior colors available to me. Without including white and black (Magnetic Pearl), I could get basically three shades of gray: light gray (Opal Silver Blue Metallic), basic gray (Alabaster Silver Metallic) and dark gray (Galaxy Gray Metallic).

Since these colors were represented only on the web page, I'm not sure how true they are, but when I go to the same "build" site for the Civic Si, I'm treated to some truly "sexy" colors like dark blue (Fiji Blue Pearl), blood red (Habanero Red Pearl), bright red (Ralleye Red) and a different shade of black (Nighthawk Black Pearl).

Maybe it's just my own tastes, but just look at how Honda presents their Motor Trend Car of the Year announcement.

Now you gotta admit, these are very cool colors. Just wish I could get me one of 'em on my HCH.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: HCH colors. I've seen better...on HC Si

I was a little concerned that my Mag Pearl HCHII would look almost black, but that's only at night. During the day it's a very nice dark blue with metalflake in it. Not quite Navy. I get a lot of nice comments on the color.

That being said, I agree it'd be nice to have some additional mainstream colors available.

Don

Old 12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Default Re: HCH colors. I've seen better...on HC Si

I think you misunderstand the colors. The hybrid does not come in black, for one thing -- Magnetic Pearl is a dark gray with a blue tint. Alabaster Silver is light silver. Opal Silver Blue is light blue. Galaxy Gray is a medium or dark gray, a bit brighter than Magnetic Pearl, with a tan tint in certain lighting.

Here are some pictures of my Opal Silver Blue.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH colors. I've seen better...on HC Si

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just have to go see the colors for myself. That Magnetic Pearl does sound pretty sweet!