fuses for '06 hard to come by...dealer only??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default fuses for '06 hard to come by...dealer only??

I blew a fuse using my cell phone charger yesterday. After looking at the owners manual, I realized that the fuse puller along with some spare fuses are located in the under hood fuse compartment. I replaced the fuse for the acc socket, but my charger blew that fuse, too. Went all over town looking for another 15a fuse...none to be found. These fuses are smaller than the mini fuses that are available everywhere. Finally, went to the dealer (which is out of town for me) to get the fuses. Bought some extras to troubleshoot...seems it was my cell phone charger (didn't blow using my other charger). Thought I'd mention this because it may be a good idea next time your at the dealer to pick up some extra fuses.

btw,
Why on Earth Honda decided to put the extra fuses and fuse puller under the hood, instead of in the under dash fuse box is beyond me.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: fuses for '06 hard to come by...dealer only??

My 03 has them under the dash and all are standard size. The 06 is disappointing to me, I test drove one and was not impressed. The bug in the dash diplay at 63 miles, this odd fuse problem , no fold down back seat and no all electric mode make me want the Prius for my next car.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jstack6
My 03 has them under the dash and all are standard size. The 06 is disappointing to me, I test drove one and was not impressed. The bug in the dash diplay at 63 miles, this odd fuse problem , no fold down back seat and no all electric mode make me want the Prius for my next car.
same reason i didn't buy the '04 civic. no fold-down rear seats, plain-jane [no offense intended to any boys or girls named jane... or men or women named jane... ] body and interior design, and no hatchback storage, etc.

it "just looked like a small sedan". i liked the prius' "further-out" design and better looking aero characteristics. felt bigger inside, too.

oh, yeah, did i tell you i love my prius?

Old 03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Pulled the fuse when hardwiring the power for my XM. I found the fuse on the internet. They are called "low profile minis". They were listed on some sites as being a new item so maybe they will be in stores soon.