Front passenger window issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:51 PM
"Manalo"
Default Front passenger window issue

Has anyone experience either of their door windows coming up unaligned therefore not closing completely allowing it not too seal the cabin? This type of problem covered under warranty? I have an 06 HCII. Any suggestions or any DIY tricks would be helpful (just to avoid going to the stealer)

Thanks

Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Front passenger window issue

Hi Tony,

Welcome. I see your bimmer icon. If you had asked this question in a bimmer forum you'd have been flamed several times by now.

It is a very common problem of which you can use the Search function to find many discussions of.

In short: It's covered. Bulletin 06-014.

Good luck!

Old 06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
"Manalo"

Ahh yes....I would of been in the bimmer forum. But being a past M3 owner, my 98 never had this problem. However, my 06 does!!! Ahhhh....Anyhow, thanks for the info

Old 06-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had the same problem with the driver side window. Putting a little pressure with my finger on the window as it was going up let it close completely. After a couple weeks of this the window now closes on its own ok. Saved me a trip to the dealer.... at least for now.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
"Manalo"

Just curious....For those who have had this problem. Did you happen to have your windows tinted prior to the problem occurring?

Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Energy Independence

Mine are tinted. I have the problem (and will get it fixed, eventually - probably at next service).
Good observation, Tony, but I don't *think* this is the reason. It IS possible that Honda's tolerances are SO tight that the thickness of window-tint is causing the problem. But if so, that's a design defect, as many cars' windows are tinted (often at dealerships, even). It's not like window tinting is a new phenomenon, so unless today's tinting films are considerably thicker than film used in the recent past, I see this as "no excuse." Also, I don't hear of this issue in other cars. It doesn't happen in my 2003 Mazda Tribute (using the same window-film, installed by the same installers).

Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

This happened to me...the day after I rolled my brand new 2007 HCHII off the lot. Thankfully it's covered under warranty. The dealer found that the "window run channel" needed to be replaced, and the part number is 72272-SNA-A01. Hope this helps...

Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

There's a whole other thread on this issue. Most have this happen to front driver window. Covered under warranty - they changed the "regulator" and I've had no problems since.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:53 AM
"Manalo"

Most of you guys have either gotten it replaced or changed out. But as for me, I just got my car back from the dealer and they've "adjusted" the window channel and "lubricated" the hell out of the window tracks. From the looks of it, I could of just sprayed silicone lubricant down the window tracks and tap the door literally to fix the window channel myself I mentioned about the bulletin # but that specific dealer was not convinced or told about that common defect. Oh well, I guess I just have to live with it for now. I'm already thinking of trading it in for a family van

Old 07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

Talk to a different dealer. Or call Honda USA and talk to them -- and let your current dealer know you're doing it. You don't have to just take it.

--doug

Quick Reply: Front passenger window issue

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands