Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Front License plate

What a fool I am! Forgot the link.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16473

Old 09-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Front License plate

Hey GQ,

The car was parked, I was eating at a restaurant that turned out to be a dud, and then on top of that I got a dam ticket! It was $35 bucks and it said specifcally "no front liscence plate".
I tend to get a lot of parking tickets because of the areas I've lived in LA (low income=harrasment/stupid tickets) or being parked in rich areas that also give tickets for annoying reasons (i think to keep me out).

I recently got a ticket in crapadena for being parked in a no parking zone, but it had a **** meter and i put money in the meter even though one quarter = 10 minutes.

Other ridiculous tickets: Rich areas have laws against parking on the street from 2am-5am.

I got a jaywalking ticket ($75!)
I got a ticket for crossing railroad tracks on my dam bike!
I ALMOST got a ticket for "crossing the street too slow" - i sure got harrassed but the cop was "nice enough" to just give us a warning.
Oh and of course in low income areas that are totally overcrowded and don't have enough street parking, and so they also torture us by having street cleaning every THURS and FRI which just means everybody in the hood has to move their car around every week. Plenty of times I've forgotten to do that!
I could go on, but that is city of LA for ya. Our youth get it even worse with truancy tickets, tickets for having lighters, and of course graff tickets.

The brite side is that I prolly won't ever get a speeding ticket although I sure PO alot of LA drivers by driving under 60-65!