FREE K&N Air filter for HCHII's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default FREE K&N Air filter for HCHII's

For every vehicle I have owned/worked on for others I use K&N air filters. Reuseable, better breathing for more HP and FE. I have noticed a difference on every vehicle some better than others. To may dismay K&N does not make a filter or FIPK intake system for the HCH2. They are how every looking to produce one in the future. They are looking for "donor" cars to design the filter. The will use the car for about a day and in return you will get a free K&N filter for your car. I would do it however you have to live in SoCal to be eligiable, plus thats too far for me to take my **** car for a free filter. I just figure it may benefit others who live in SoCal and everyone here at GH once the filter or system does come out. I do not believe they are going to make an intake FIPK for the hybrid but if they get enough requests for an intake for any vehicle they will make it. They have done this in ther past for other vehicles. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Default Re: FREE K&N Air filter for HCHII's

I live in So Cal, and I would definitely be willing to lend my car, as long as they don't harm it. How do I get in touch with them ????

Old 02-09-2006, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by mexiken
I live in So Cal, and I would definitely be willing to lend my car, as long as they don't harm it. How do I get in touch with them ????
You can visit http://www.knfilters.com and shoot them an email or call them. Go to the Vehicles needed section which is listed on the left hand side of the page. At the bottom of the page they have a form to fill out to submit your info. right on the page as well. They have the 2006 Honda Civic listed but it does not say a certain model it just says all. When I called them they told me they wanted the Hybrid as well. I hope this helps.
Adam

Old 02-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just can't wait to have a K&N filter in my HCHII....

Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! If anyone loans their HCHII to K&N and they make a filter for it, please DEMAND they also make one for the HCHI.

Or, I think the right question is; Does anyone know if the HCHII air filter is the same as the one in the HCHI?

Howard

Old 02-09-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by hweldon
THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! If anyone loans their HCHII to K&N and they make a filter for it, please DEMAND they also make one for the HCHI.

Or, I think the right question is; Does anyone know if the HCHII air filter is the same as the one in the HCHI?

Howard
All you have to do is call and ask them. If they can get enough respones from people that there is a market to make one then they will. They have done this for many vehicles on the road today. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

I will buy one, but I wont "lend" my car a day for a free one...

Are they really working?

Old 02-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have a K&N on my '75 Spitfire, but I do not use them on my 'modern' 4-cylinder cars.

I know, I know...there's tons of marketing and 'research' from both camps in terms of particles allowed, etc - but with the tight tolerances of the newer engines, I'd rather stay with the OEM Honda filters to protect my engine.

I don't mind running them on a 30+ year old British engine...heck I think that probably requires some extra particles and dirt - plus I can rebuild that myself if necessary.

This is purely my opinion, I don't have any facts to back it up.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:46 PM

Done.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by mexiken
Done.
Were you able to set up an appointment or did you just send them your info.?

Quick Reply: FREE K&N Air filter for HCHII's

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands