Extended Warranty Good!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty Good!

I plan on getting one for my new HCHII before I hit 6,000 miles. The online prices seem like such good deals. If I had known they could be had for that cheap, I would have bought one for my van. Now it's too late as the options are very limited and the prices are much higher. I plan on getting a 6 or 7 year/120,000 ($0 deductible) for $830 or $900, respectively. It just doesn't seem like that much money for the coverage.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Who are you looking at going through for your warrenty?

Old 06-20-2006, 08:44 PM

This is where I plan on buying the warranty from.

http://www.myhondawarranty.com/

Last edited by Mr. Kite; 06-21-2006 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

I can heartily second the recommendation of http://www.myhondawarranty.com/

They charge $55 over their cost and give you a $25 coupon off parts from their parts site. (Ordering wheel locks!)

Old 06-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just went into that site to play with it and see what final price they came up with for a 6/120k $0ded warranty and it came up with $1550. So be careful what you are doing. This was for an 06 hondacare warranty for a civic hybrid with less than 6kmiles. Where it shows you the dollars per month, you need to go another step in the process. It looks to me to be a little misleading.

I got my hondacare warranty from mossisboss.com which is a dealer group that sells honda's as one of their products. I got a 6/120k $0 ded warranty for $825. My dealer wanted to charge me double that for one year less warranty.

Just for those of you wondering, I know the dealership you are referring to as it is in Middletown,RI where I work. I don't work at the dealer but just have taken my honda's there in the past for service.

Last edited by Mikeyt758; 06-21-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
I just went into that site to play with it and see what final price they came up with for a 6/120k $0ded warranty and it came up with $1550. So be careful what you are doing. This was for an 06 hondacare warranty for a civic hybrid with less than 6kmiles. Where it shows you the dollars per month, you need to go another step in the process. It looks to me to be a little misleading.

I got my hondacare warranty from mossisboss.com which is a dealer group that sells honda's as one of their products. I got a 6/120k $0 ded warranty for $825. My dealer wanted to charge me double that for one year less warranty.

Just for those of you wondering, I know the dealership you are referring to as it is in Middletown,RI where I work. I don't work at the dealer but just have taken my honda's there in the past for service.
Are you sure about this? Lots of people have vouched for this site. I doubt they would have done this if they had doubled the price on them. I've gone as far as I can without entering my VIN and credit card info. and I have not seen this price jump.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Extended Warranty Good!

VERY VERY INTERESTING...
For an 8 Year/120,000 Mile $0 Deductible, 6,000 Miles:
If I put in New York as the state: $980
If I put in Rhode Island as the state: $1850

Old 06-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Hybrideriffic!

I just went into that site to play with it and see what final price they came up with for a 6/120k $0ded warranty and it came up with $1550. So be careful what you are doing.
I went to the site and verified what you said is absolutely true... for a car in Rhode Island with 5,999 miles. The pricing grid shows "$0" for all of the lump sum payment options. Only monthly payment choices are offered, which is $62.25 for the 72 month, 120,000 mile zero deductible warrantee. When you select that warrantee, the next screen shows $1,550.

Here's the interesting part...

When I type in the same info for the same car, but in Washington state (where I live) all the lump sum payments do appear, and the same plan is now shown as only $830, or $62.20 per month.

So Rhode Island is either a special case, or more likely, there's simply a bug in their web site.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mickster
VERY VERY INTERESTING...
For an 8 Year/120,000 Mile $0 Deductible, 6,000 Miles:
If I put in New York as the state: $980
If I put in Rhode Island as the state: $1850
That makes more sense. It's just a Rhode Island thing. Maybe it is a special case since the dealer is located in Rhode Island.

Last edited by Mr. Kite; 06-21-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Energy Independence

TX is also $980. I experienced the same thing as gyropilot did for Washington.

I also tried RI, and got the same scenario as he did. I bet it IS a Rhode Island thing.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Good!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands