Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

congrats on your purchase, there is a long waiting list.

im also into technology. but didnt want the atari 810 look of the prius. hehe. im looking forward to plug in my sd card into the car tonight to see how well mp3 playback is. i use my samsung evdo phone for
to sync/stream my audio so itll be nice to test that interoperability. hoping the ipod cable will carry video but id be suprised. i need to read up on hypermiling.
Originally Posted by dshelman
Some folks have asked, and I apologize for not immediately responding with what I paid for my car. I guess I'm a little embarrassed, but I paid MSRP + $1,995. They called it a 'market adjustment'. Well, I'm not so much embarrassed as much as so NOT into being told how screwed I got. I'm satisfied with my new 06 HCH. I got the color I wanted, the equipment I wanted and I got it first. That makes me happy. Can I cost-justify this purchase against a Focus with 35mpg? No. But that's not the point. Am I an eco-weenie? No. Am I a techno-weenie? Yes, you bet I am. Do I drive 84 miles a day round trip and would like the option of using the carpool lane? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Besides -- it was costing me $100/wk to fill up my Dodge Ram Diesel. This'll be way better.

So.... the $1,995 was worth it to me. Hey, guess what? I'm not embarrassed anymore.

Don

Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by dshelman
Some folks have asked, and I apologize for not immediately responding with what I paid for my car. I guess I'm a little embarrassed, but I paid MSRP + $1,995. They called it a 'market adjustment'. Well, I'm not so much embarrassed as much as so NOT into being told how screwed I got. I'm satisfied with my new 06 HCH. I got the color I wanted, the equipment I wanted and I got it first. That makes me happy. Can I cost-justify this purchase against a Focus with 35mpg? No. But that's not the point. Am I an eco-weenie? No. Am I a techno-weenie? Yes, you bet I am. Do I drive 84 miles a day round trip and would like the option of using the carpool lane? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Besides -- it was costing me $100/wk to fill up my Dodge Ram Diesel. This'll be way better.

So.... the $1,995 was worth it to me. Hey, guess what? I'm not embarrassed anymore.

Don
Hi Don; Just a comment or so for you on the purchase of your new 06 HCH.

It makes know difference what you paid for the HCH as long as you are Happy with your new toy. (IMO)

When the New Beetle came out my wife and I both liked the car a bunch and could not find a local Dealer with one period. So, I got on the phone and located two of them at Gossitt (spelling) Mtrs. in Memphis, Tn. and talked with the sales mgr. over the phone to see if I could strike up a deal on one. I did and paid I think $2,000.00 Dollars over MSRP and he wanted $5,000.00 over MSRP if you can believe it. We drove to Memphis and picked up our GLX Turbo Beetle Saturday morning and thats the rest of the story almost. I forgot to mention that I work for a dealer and new the cost on the Beetle but it made no-difference at all if we wanted one here is the price after our phone discussion with sales mgr. and if you all don't want it I have a list of people that do. Long story I guess but true and the point here is, sometimes if you want something you just have to (Go-For-It) !!!!

I hope you keep right on enjoying your HCH and never ever look back at your decision on buying it for what ever amount of money.
"You-Can't-Take-It-With-You."

Don't forget to keep us posted on your new ride.

Regards;

Terry

Old 11-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Was just in the upstate area of South Carolina today and dealer told me he delivered an 06 HCH yesterday, so they are showing up now.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Enthusiast

Picked up my Magnetic Pearl yesterday @ msrp. Wanted navi but dealer said there is a hold on the one he had for me. I got on the waitng list in Sep. I've been driving them off the ships in the port of San Diego for the past few months and I really like their feel. My first impressions of actually driving 150 miles on the highway is good power (although I haven't really opened it up yet), road noise is average, engine noise is very quiet, having the engine turn off at stops is a little strange as is when it starts back up (kinda feels like the tranny is slipping), there is a slight electronic hissing sound when the battery is getting a charge, audio system is great, climate control is great, had to tone down the dash lights, they were so bright I didn't realize that my headlights were off (btw headlights are very effective) horn isn't so hot, but no bigee. Seating front and back very comfy (I did bang my knee on the steering column getting out the first time, but now I know). Controls are very ergonomic and easy to understand. I really like the blue interior. This car definitely wants to go, had to consciously pay attention to the speed in order to stay around 65. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase so far. Thank you Norm Reeves Temecula, it's good to find a dealer with knowledge and integrity.

Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by socalscott
Picked up my Magnetic Pearl yesterday @ msrp. Wanted navi but dealer said there is a hold on the one he had for me. I got on the waitng list in Sep. I've been driving them off the ships in the port of San Diego for the past few months and I really like their feel. My first impressions of actually driving 150 miles on the highway is good power (although I haven't really opened it up yet), road noise is average, engine noise is very quiet, having the engine turn off at stops is a little strange as is when it starts back up (kinda feels like the tranny is slipping), there is a slight electronic hissing sound when the battery is getting a charge, audio system is great, climate control is great, had to tone down the dash lights, they were so bright I didn't realize that my headlights were off (btw headlights are very effective) horn isn't so hot, but no bigee. Seating front and back very comfy (I did bang my knee on the steering column getting out the first time, but now I know). Controls are very ergonomic and easy to understand. I really like the blue interior. This car definitely wants to go, had to consciously pay attention to the speed in order to stay around 65. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase so far. Thank you Norm Reeves Temecula, it's good to find a dealer with knowledge and integrity.
Hi Scott; glad to here that you are so far really enjoying your new HCH and thanks for the (Review) on it. Sounds like that from the power stand point that it is not even a concern. Say if you keep posting on this thread, how about giving your impression of the CVT Trans. and how it works or behaves when taking off from a stop or while on the open road and you want to speed up how does it do or shall I say what does it do? The reason for the questions on the CVT Trans. is I have never driven one. So very curious as to how it performs or works if you will.

Terry

BTW: I tried to talk to you tonight on the (Chat-Room) do you know how to use it ? If not i'll be glad to explain it to you.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

my mom just purchased a galaxy gray 06 non-navi hch today
$23,300, or $900 over sticker price (sticker price = $21,850 MSRP + $550 destination/handling)

arriving in 10 days. amazing, isn't it?

actually the dealership had accidentally labeled a galaxy gray 06 hch as "presold" when it actually wasn't, and we were fortunate enough to snap up the car as it was on transit.

the ironic thing is that if we arrived at the dealership 2 hours earlier, we could have driven a magnetic pearl 06 non-navi hch home today. they had one on the lot and unsold until 4 pm. funny how luck operates.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chocomario
thanks. hendricks in el cerrito, ca. i was the first on list and negotiated msrp at that time. great dealership for no insistance for accessories or financing etc
El Cerrito is now quoting $995 over MSRP. They also force you to take wheel locks and a "protection package" which is protective strips on the door edges - priced like they're made of gold. I put down a refundable deposit with them anyway as a backup, stipulating that I would NOT take the protection package. They said they might adjust the markup over time as the market conditions change. So it's a fair game. I'm 29 on their list. Sounds just about right for getting the car in January.
Chances are I'll end up buying it somewhere else.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

see the "MSRP???" thread - dealers are going to quote higher and higher prices as the queue gets longer and they see demand pile up.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:01 AM

dschelman, I guessed you'd paid $2000 over since I had e-mailed Rancho Santa Margerita and that's what they told me they were going for. While I and some others were able to get MSRP, the overwhelming majority of dealers in CA are charging lots of markup and apparently getting away with it, and supply is very limited, so I wouldn't feel too embarrassed. Besides, the 2006 Civic Si, which gets no tax credit and no HOV access, will undoubtedly be slapped with absolutely enormous markup when it starts hitting dealers in December or January, because it too is going to be extremely popular but with limited supply. In fact the entire 2006 Civic line is selling as fast as they're produced.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
In fact the entire 2006 Civic line is selling as fast as they're produced.
There are plenty of regular 2006 Civics (DX, LX, EX) on dealer lots and I'm sure there's plenty of negotiating room.

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands