eeny meeny miney mo

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.
Default Re: eeny meeny miney mo

I'm planning on getting the all-weather mats for Father's Day (hint, hint). I'd like the auto-dimming mirror, as I miss this from my VW Beetle Convertible.

I know it's probably a minor penalty if any, but do the mud-flaps create any more air resistance? I'm only saying that because I should have had some installed when I bought the HCHII to cut down on rocks dinging the paint.

Do the fog lamps make a big difference (another item I'm really missing from my Beetle).

Aneil

Old 05-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mishra
I'm planning on getting the all-weather mats for Father's Day (hint, hint). I'd like the auto-dimming mirror, as I miss this from my VW Beetle Convertible.

I know it's probably a minor penalty if any, but do the mud-flaps create any more air resistance? I'm only saying that because I should have had some installed when I bought the HCHII to cut down on rocks dinging the paint.

Do the fog lamps make a big difference (another item I'm really missing from my Beetle).

Aneil
Aneil, based on my previous Honda vehicles, the mud flaps should be a breeze to install. All you will need is a S-shaped screwdriver. The day night mirror I would leave to the dealer unless you are highly 'automotively inclined'. Should only be about $300- $350 for the day night mirror installed. And IMHO the fog lamps are more for cosmetics than anything else. Not that I have not had them installed on previous Honda's also....

Old 05-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

definately the all season mats, splash guards, and dimming mirror w/ compass are must haves for me. i also added 17" alloy wheels for better handling. i have the oem subwoofer kit on the way and just installed the leather steering wheel cover today.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:11 PM

the dimming mirror i installed myself. the instructions are straight forward and no real science. if you are interested, do it yourself and save yourself some money. hitting the a pillar kinda worried me. but, just as the instructions say it worked. just make sure you put a cloth or something there to protect the a pillar when you gently hit it with a mallet.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Where do you guys buy these parts? When I bought my Honda Odyssey All-Season floor mats, I got them from this place:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/

Their prices were better than what I could find locally. Do any of you know of better places? Thanks.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:01 PM

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...gory_Code=HC06

this is a better site since the shipping is free, you just pay a flat $3.95 for handling no matter how much you order. it still works out cheaper than www.handaaccessories.com

Old 05-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

The only thing that I regretted to have it installed is the 8-Disc CD Changer. I think it is a waste of money, due to the fact that the One-Disc CD Player in the front can play MP3 format CDs. One CD holds approx. 150 songs. The only thing that I didn't have them installed is the Auto Day/Night Mirror. Now I want it!

Old 05-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
the dimming mirror i installed myself. the instructions are straight forward and no real science. if you are interested, do it yourself and save yourself some money. hitting the a pillar kinda worried me. but, just as the instructions say it worked. just make sure you put a cloth or something there to protect the a pillar when you gently hit it with a mallet.
I like to have that dimming mirror too. But I can't do it myself with a mallet. I might break the windshield.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Enthusiast

<<<Beyond that I like the fog lamps, chrome exhaust tip, and cargo net.>>>

Have you found a cargo net that can be installed in the 06 HCH? I've been looking all over and can't find one (Honda doesn't sell one). Hard to believe they overlooked this. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:42 AM

somebody here just bought the regular one that is an option on the sedan and they said it worked just fine.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands