A Different Question About The: (2006 HCH ll) ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 03:58 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question A Different Question About The: (2006 HCH ll) ?

I am typing this in Bold Print so it is really easy to read.

Question?

Other than: FE (Fuel Ecomony)

What is the (THING) or (THINGS) that you like best about the 2006 HCH ll HONDA CIVIC ?

Really; I bet alot of people that are reading these Threads every day would like to know this very question as I would myself.

Examples:

Navagation; Auto-Climate Control; Sound System; X/M Satellite Radio; Adjustible Drivers seat; Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel; Interior; Gauges; Exterior design; Interior Quiteness; IMA (Integrated Motor Assist)Power; ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) Power; NEW-CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission); NEW Electric A/C or Electric Heat With Auto-Stop; The Many features Of The 2006 HCH ll Just Keeps Going On:
Side Curtains/Air Bags for Safety/Improved Safety Cage Structure

So Hey Brag Some On Your New HCH ll:

Wants to Know?

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-18-2005 at 04:25 PM. Reason: New 06 Safety Features: Side Curtains/Airbags
Old 12-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A Different Question About The: (2006 HCH ll) ?

The number one reason I'm upgrading from an 04 to an 06 is window curtain airbags.
I like my head unsmashed, thank you.

Next:
More quiet
Nicer Styling
Better MPG
Smarter crupmple zones and safety cage design for SUV-impact survivability
Nicer stereo

Old 12-18-2005, 04:20 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: A Different Question About The: (2006 HCH ll) ?

Originally Posted by kenny
The number one reason I'm upgrading from an 04 to an 06 is window curtain airbags.
I like my head unsmashed, thank you.

Next:
More quiet
Nicer Styling
Better MPG
Smarter crupmple zones and safety cage design for SUV-impact survivability
Nicer stereo
Hey Kenny; Thanks a Million, see I forgot to list that about the New Airbags that the 06 has. Thats what I am asking for is some owner input on all these many New features of the 06 and what do owners like best.

Thanks; You certainly have added to this (Thread)

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

interior and exterior design
ev-mode
more powerful engine
aux-in and TWO 12V sockets

Old 12-18-2005, 05:44 PM

I pretty much love the whole car! Getting this car has been a big change for me, for the better, but I love it!

1. IMA system with EV mode
2. Safety features
3. New Styling
4. Voice Activated Navi
5. Better MPG
6. Dash display
7. Roomy for a small car
8. Auto Climate Control

Old 12-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

I waited for the 2006 model. I was ready to by the 2005 begin of this summer but I heard about the 2006. Basically, this is what sold me:

- more power than the 2005
- more efficient than the 2005
- very nice design
- a lot more room than my previous civic (1999 EX)
- very very safe (count the number of airbags)
- it's a hybrid and we wanted to do something for the environment (instead of saying other people are going to help the environment, we decided to take initiative)
- It's a honda!

That's pretty much it.
Stephane.

Old 12-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
8. Auto Climate Control
That one was already on there - my 03 HCH has it

I found the new model is a lot more quiet than the previous one - more insulation and less road noise.

Overall it felt like a "tighter" ride than the 03.

And I'd definitely add MP3 capability on the CD player

Old 12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: A Different Question About The: (2006 HCH ll) ?

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
That one was already on there - my 03 HCH has it

I found the new model is a lot more quiet than the previous one - more insulation and less road noise.

Overall it felt like a "tighter" ride than the 03.

And I'd definitely add MP3 capability on the CD player
Hi nimbus2k, I think the reason that The other (Poster) Adam_HybridCivic mentioned the Auto-Climate Control on his 06 is because on the 06 HCH ll the Auto Climate Control works completely different than the older models of the HCH l.

The difference is on the HCH ll when it goes into auto-stop the A/C keeps Cooling in the Summer because it has Two-A/C Compressors, one is the belt Driven and the Other is (Electric) so the electric one takes over and you retain A/C while in Auto-Stop. The other difference is that in the Winter Months the HCH ll has a (Electric-Water-Pump) which allows you to stay warm while in Auto-Stop because it keeps the Anti-Freeze flowing through the Heater Core for Heat.

Both Have Auto-Climate Control Systems but the HCH ll has some New Enhancements for 2006.

HTH

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi nimbus2k, I think the reason that The other (Poster) Adam_HybridCivic mentioned the Auto-Climate Control on his 06 is because on the 06 HCH ll the Auto Climate Control works completely different than the older models of the HCH l.

The difference is on the HCH ll when it goes into auto-stop the A/C keeps Cooling in the Summer because it has Two-A/C Compressors, one is the belt Driven and the Other is (Electric) so the electric one takes over and you retain A/C while in Auto-Stop. The other difference is that in the Winter Months the HCH ll has a (Electric-Water-Pump) which allows you to stay warm while in Auto-Stop because it keeps the Anti-Freeze flowing through the Heater Core for Heat.

Both Have Auto-Climate Control Systems but the HCH ll has some New Enhancements for 2006.

HTH

Terry
....plus I love the fact that its works with the vocie activated navi. Like fan speed 7 or A/C on and such. Not a necessity but its nice and you dont have to take your eyes off the road.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

HTH

Terry
...both used on the 05 HAH as well, then brought over to the HCH.

Quick Reply: A Different Question About The: (2006 HCH ll) ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands