Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:01 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Thumbs up Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

Figured I'd post this since there may be a few people here who didn't know this existed. If you did know- move along, nothing to see here. I'm sure the Insight and HAH owners frequent the HCH board enough that maybe they'll see this thread too.

It's called Owner's Link. Sponsored by Honda and you can keep track of your MX on your car even if you maintain it yourself. I was never big on keeping a MX Log before but this website actually made it pretty easy. Also has a ton of info about your particular car, VERY COOL! I hope this helps out the handfull of people who've never seen that site before, I only stumbled on it because someone on a forum mentioned it. My dealer never said it anything.

Also has SAFETY recall info, store your radio codes, detailed info on your model car, and much more.

Here's a link:
http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/

Last edited by rigger; 12-18-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

ooh thanks for linking us. i used this before but completely forgot about it! thanks

Old 12-18-2005, 09:39 AM

My dealer signed me up when I bought my car and told me about it. I've tried to use it ot schedule maintanence, but apparantly something went wrong because when I showed up for my work they did't have a record.

I use it to pay my car payments now.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:11 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

Thank-You I for one did not know this was available. When I finally get New Ride I am going to sign-up.

Thanks Again;

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 10:56 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

For my MX records, it didn't automatically update my recall work I had done. I had to manually go in and update it.

To schedule an appointment, I went into the dealer and did it. Of course even after I did that they had no clue I was going to show up. Only thing I had going for me is I showed up 15 minutes before opening and was second in line. Took 20 minutes to complete the software update.

For some reason my dealer won't even show up to schedule MX on the Insight. Only the HCH. It does show where my Insight was bought new. I thought that was cool since I got it used from a car lot.

I figured a few people may not know about this. Really neat site.

Originally Posted by tbaleno
My dealer signed me up when I bought my car and told me about it. I've tried to use it ot schedule maintanence, but apparantly something went wrong because when I showed up for my work they did't have a record.

I use it to pay my car payments now.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Vegetarian

i have my car on there. i've been getting emails from the original dealer (i bought my HCH used from a non-honda dealer) saying i'm due for my 30k mileage service. and i haven't even gone half that far! the previous owner drove a lot more than i did.
my step dad has his CRV on there too, which was bought used from a different honda dealer (the dealership it was sold at originally is in Connecticut or somewhere). it shows the original dealer for him too. if anyone knows how to change the dealership for a car, i'd like to know. i'd guess a dealership could do it somehow.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was signed up with my 99 Accord. Will use again when I get my new car. I am suprised more dealers don't pay attention or notify the consumer since it is a really easy way to bring in more money for the business and Honda in general (maybe why they started it to suggest dealer doing mx). I guess once the salesman makes the deal, Honda motors/dealer profit no longer affects them, hehe. In fact the worse you take care of your car, the better it is for the salesperson! lol I think you can turn off/on some of the notifications, such as the ones you will get from the dealer try to upsell you to a newer model and other unneccessary spam.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:47 AM
PCK
Active Enthusiast

I haven't received my car yet but I already knew the VIN# and was able to add it in.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I tried to register at Honda Owners Link today but the site did not recognize my VIN number. I have emailed my sales rep @ Honda. I find that quite interesting based on other threads I have read respecting VIN issues.

Cheers!

Old 12-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've got my '05 HAH, '98 CBR, and my old '02 TL on owner-link. Pretty neat stuff. Guess I should delete the TL, as I'm still getting reminder emails for it's servicing.

Quick Reply: Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands