Dash rattles, etc.?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast
Question Dash rattles, etc.?

I have had my 2006 HCH II since January, and am loving the car . I have a question for the other HCH II owners..does your dash rattle when going over rough roads or like gravel roads..? It is not really bad , just wondering, the dash is really big , and lots of plastic abound .

Old 03-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dash rattles, etc.?

Since I never drive above 2 MPH, I don't hear a thing. Just kidding.

I don't remember ever hearing anything rattle. See if you can pin point it and then take it back (get a friend to sit in the passenger side and listen). You should not hear anything rattling.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

I think from trying that exact same thing , we determined it was around the corner of the dash on the driver side..hard to tell really . I'll just wait till it gets so bad I cannot stand it . Love the car..

Old 03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

The 2003-2005 HCH had a relatively well-known rattle in the A-pillar on the passenger side. Sounded like it was coming out the passenger side vent. I had it fixed under warranty - some fixed it themselves. I'd be sure to bring it up to your dealer the next time it's in. No sense missing the opportunity for a warranty fix.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

No rattles so far but i only have 500 miles on it. The car feels like its made from a single piece of metal (and plastic). The doors sound more solid when they close than my BMW!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim
The 2003-2005 HCH had a relatively well-known rattle in the A-pillar on the passenger side. Sounded like it was coming out the passenger side vent. I had it fixed under warranty - some fixed it themselves. I'd be sure to bring it up to your dealer the next time it's in. No sense missing the opportunity for a warranty fix.
Oh really?? I have this in my 04. I didn't know it was something a) fixable or b) under warranty. We usually just wack it and it goes away for a few minutes.
I just thought it was a rattle that developed with time, since I had plenty in my old car. I will mention it next time I'm at the dealer since I do want it fixed under warranty. How long should it take to fix it? Can they do it in a day or while I wait?
Thanks!
--A

Old 03-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adelwyn
Oh really?? I have this in my 04. I didn't know it was something a) fixable or b) under warranty. We usually just wack it and it goes away for a few minutes.
I just thought it was a rattle that developed with time, since I had plenty in my old car. I will mention it next time I'm at the dealer since I do want it fixed under warranty. How long should it take to fix it? Can they do it in a day or while I wait?
Thanks!
--A
I did it with an oil change, but they had the car most of the day (drop off, went to work, pick up later). I don't think it was all that long.

Here is the thread with some info: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ghlight=pillar

One highlight: "There's a Honda technical service bulletin for this, #04-031 - May 2004, "Interior A-Pillar Trim Rattles." I had it done at the dealer under warranty and it took care of the problem."

Old 03-03-2006, 05:50 PM
World's First Hybrid

I have rattles galore. Possibly because the tires are 40 PSI and it's been sub 32 here for a few weeks..... Sounds like the rear end or something under the car is loose (strut maybe) and the front end sounds like its ready to fall off when going over the slightest of bumps (makes a blooping sound) not to mention an occasional road crater.... It's by far the noisiest car I've owned. I've had it in the dealer and, you guessed it, "dahhh we dosen't hear nottin'", everthing is tight.... why don't you bring it back when you hear it again......dahhh I always hear it. I don't think its serious because the car still rides ok and drives ok. Probably all the road salt on the front end parts making all the squeeking and creeking. Maybe all it needs is a good bath or some WD40. The sound coming from the back of the car sounds like a door or trunk lid that is slightly open, but everything is tight???? Had everything out of the trunk including spare tire. Maybe the battery pack is loose??? Haven't checked that yet. Too cold here right now...

Old 03-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Vegetarian

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
Maybe the battery pack is loose???
Some times when I haven't driven my car for a few days it'll sound like the battery is shifting around the first minute I'm driving, the suspension or something too. Kinda a clunking noise like "we haven't moved in a while."

Old 05-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim
I think that my dealer was sleeping because I took it to them no less than 5 times for this and they claimed that they did not know what was wrong. I guess it is not my problem now as I traded it in but it is nice to know.

Quick Reply: Dash rattles, etc.?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands