City driver pizza delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Default Re: City driver pizza delivery

Sparksongs,

What is your overall average MPG on each vehicle?

Old 07-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast

Warmer weather averages:
HCH2 39 to 45 MPG
Prius 45 to 52 MPG

Old 07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

FWIW ALL cars will get their worst MPG under these conditions.

Hybrids will do better than other cars.

People have this misconception that hybrids are only right for perfect MPG conditions.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies

I really like the prius,but i have a preference for the styling of the 2006 civic.My wife also is in love with the look of the 2006 civic.So for now the prius is not a option thanks anyway for the information on the prius.

I drive a 2002 civic manual and get 26mpg on delivery.When i use the a/c i drop to 22 mpg strickly city.

This hybrid civic will be my comute car and i will be putting it on delivery when i'm at work.Looking at the numbers of my 2002 civic i think i should be able to get about 43 mpg without the a/c and about 39mpg with the a/c.

I don't drive the car crazy and floor it everwhere,it's just that i don't have the time to be super carefull either.If im super carefull with my 2002 civic i get an extra 3 mpg out of it.

So what do you think is 43 mpg without the a/c and 39 mpg with it realistic or not?

Thanks

Old 07-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by city driver
I'm looking to pick up the new civic hybrid for my pizza delivery restaurant.I will be useing this car strickly in the city lot's of stop and go and we are always in a hury.

What kind of mileage can i expect to get.Also in the summer the a/c will be on most of the time.

If i'm not beeing carefull what can i expect?
Nobody better than me to answer. I abuse* my car, city or otherwise...

I get upper 30s mpg in cool weather (40-50F), mid-to-upper 40s mpg in warmer weather.

* - I really mean abuse. Two days ago my car got a nice new 'shiner' from driving where only a Jeep Wrangler should've been.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 AM
AllThingsAuto

Originally Posted by realist
* - I really mean abuse. Two days ago my car got a nice new 'shiner' from driving where only a Jeep Wrangler should've been.
Ahhh, that in addition to Mother Nature's Pinstriping (every branch swipe is unique). I spent 100s of hours w/ Jeeps while consuming a 97 Nissan Pickup 4x4 wheeling it hard for 50K, as well as being my daily driver. Boy do I have memories (& pics, vids, & Xrays) of the insane things a fine offroad machine can do. How's the Hybrid for traction and flexibility? I learned my lesson already, I ain't gonna do it w/o a dedicated backup! But keep me informed by all means I miss drivin on dirt. Nothing better than sneeking though the early morning fog on the way to a full day of 4LO and hills too steep to walk w/o people betting if you could make it.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:06 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Road and Track real world numbers

Road and Track did a real world comparison of three hybrids
The numbers
HCH2 40.7 42.2 43 40
TCH 37.3 46.5 32.2 38.3
FEH 29.9 29.6 25.9 31.7
Overall
Pacific Coast hy
Rush Hour
High speed freeway.
The HCH 2 gets roughly 11% better mpg than the TCH.It got roughly 40 mpg overall.It went about 33% farther than an ICE Civic(32.8 overall).The rush hour number-43 mpg- is very good, but I don't think you could expect that in delivery driving.The rush hour was on a freeway-not on surface streets.
The Prius gets roughly 25%-30% better mpg than the TCH, so you can make a crude guess on how it would have done.
Luck,Charlie
PS -Spark songs-interesting numbers.I wonder if we have any other dual owners? 6mpg difference(15%) between the two is about what I would expect looking at the above numbers(TCH VS HCH2 ~10% ) if the Prius is 20-25% more FE than the TCH. Thanks.Your numbers are the only dual owner #s I have seen here.
Captain Obvious-did you note these numbers? 6mpg?

Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 PM

Yes, I saw the 6MPG difference. That doesn't seem consistent with most people's experience according to the database here. On the other hand, their circumstances may be different also. Do you guys switch cars every day, or are the two cars typically traveling different routes?

Allow me to point out that the Prius is not getting 99MPG in the city. It's using battery that will later be replensihed by the engine. The truth is, unless you're driving the entire tank in those conditions, you have no idea what the real MPG is. Or are you saying that the battery charge is the same after a 99MPG city commute? It would seem unlikely, since the overall average of the car is 45MPG. That would indicate your highway milage is terrible.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A 2004+ Prius is a better bet.

Hi you say the prius is only $2000 more.Here in canada a prius sell for 32,000 and the civic hybrid is only 26,000.there's a difference of $6000.

Thanks

Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A 2004+ Prius is a better bet.

Originally Posted by city driver
Hi you say the prius is only $2000 more.Here in canada a prius sell for 32,000 and the civic hybrid is only 26,000.there's a difference of $6000.

Thanks
Here in the US, the actual selling price is what should be considered instead of just MSRP. There is a bigger difference in selling price than just MSRPs. On average, the HCH sells for MSRP and the Prius sells for about $2,000 over MSRP. I got these numbers from edmunds.com about a week ago.

Quick Reply: City driver pizza delivery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands