Check your local Walmart!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Check your local Walmart!

I hadn't seen 0W-20 at my local WalMart for about a year now. I was there this past weekend, and saw a shelf of it in the Sporting Goods aisle! Yep, right next to the baseballs, mitts, etc was about 20 qt. of the good stuff. I grabbed 10 qts. I think I'll go back for the rest. Not any discount though. Weird, eh? No other oils near it. Just Mobil 1 0W-20.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was at Walmart picking up some extraneous car washing stuff and noticed they also had the 0W-20, Mobil 1, though it was just on the shelf as normal, not special stand or anything. I'm thinking it was about $5 or so.

People that buy this, do you change your own oil? Or do you give it to service when you take it in to get it changed? Can you bring them your own oil? If you don't would a Honda Service department use some Honda-branded stuff, is it synthetic? Anyone know?

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Banned

Last week in Lewisville, they had it on sale for $2 - cleaned them out.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

They didn't have it at mine, but I picked up a neat pellet gun while I was there

Old 07-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Walmart at Spring Valley and 75 in Richardson, TX has a ton. Entire row of the stuff plus I saw a 6 quart box on the bottom shelf. Wasn't cheap though at close to $6 a quart. Was looking for a cheap vacuum cleaner (amazed how strong the vacuums are now considering it's all plastic these days, we'll see how long it lasts. Last one was a Hoover that lasted forever but alas they don't make bags for it anymore.)

Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 AM
HypoFueler

Originally Posted by teiresias
I was at Walmart picking up some extraneous car washing stuff and noticed they also had the 0W-20, Mobil 1, though it was just on the shelf as normal, not special stand or anything. I'm thinking it was about $5 or so.

People that buy this, do you change your own oil? Or do you give it to service when you take it in to get it changed? Can you bring them your own oil? If you don't would a Honda Service department use some Honda-branded stuff, is it synthetic? Anyone know?
purchased 7qts of synthetic (two changes) at local WM for $6 each. Honda Dealer service charged me $20 labor for the oil change using 3.5q of my oil - versus $55 if they supplied the oil.

Their standard oil would have been Mobil 0w20 (non synthetic).

Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartybrutus
purchased 7qts of synthetic (two changes) at local WM for $6 each. Honda Dealer service charged me $20 labor for the oil change using 3.5q of my oil - versus $55 if they supplied the oil.

Their standard oil would have been Mobil 0w20 (non synthetic).
Hey Neighbor, are you talking about Honda East? That's where I got my HCH. And the walmart the one right there off Rt. 256? Making a trip to Walmart to save $10 sounds worth it to me. From what I heard $45 for a synthetic change, oil plus labor, is pretty average?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
HypoFueler

Yep to both places. At this point, I will let the dealer do it for me.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sounds like I did the right thing buying them out when I found them for $3 per quart. Too bad that hasn't been repeatable for everyone else.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I still have around 60% on my maintenance minder I think...I got my car in December but I don't drive it much. Once it's time, I will probably go the same route you did and have it done at Honda East w/ oil I will buy at Walmart.

Quick Reply: Check your local Walmart!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands