Car WIll not START. After Valve adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Car WIll not START. After Valve adjustment

Hello again guys..

Well iam very familiar with my car by now. i have rebuilt top END OF my car and i should know what to look for. but i have a few problem with my car .

A few days ago, i was trying to do another valve adjustment on my car, I dint remove any of the spark plug and Crack the Cam-shaft. I believe i SKIP a TOOTH because i heard a CRAnK.

So to verified that my engine is syn. I made sure that "UP" marker and ALL the MARK on the Cam-Sproket LINE up with the mark TIMING cover. WHICH it did.

and second..

I made sure, that when Number "3" mark is line up that iam able to adjust the valve properly . which iam also able todo.

I have replace the Cam SHAFT sensor, because I have accidently place a powerfull magnet next to it. Which still dint help the car to start.. Today i have purchase a new Crack position sensor. and see if that help any. because i know. that THEM two sensor just go OUT for any NO GOOD reason.

Please Advice me to what else should i be checking..

Todo list:

Put Cam-Sproket MARK " UP ", Remove Spark PLUG 1. and verified if Piston is TOP DEAD Center on Compression side..

thanks again guys.. YOU GUYS are the best

Raul Miranda

Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Car WIll not START. After Valve adjustment

I just finish Replacing Cam position Sensor, and CrackShaft Position Sensor.

and still NO GOO.. what can it be. arggggg

Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

hmmmmm are you getting any OBDII codes?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Enthusiast

after i have adjusted the valve, the engine never started again..

It starts and DIE. and it starts again and Die, even if the gas is wide open. even if half open. it just die.

and I made sure i have adjusted the valve perferfly, i have adjust my valve many times before so i know that todo. but this time. it just wont start. haha

and no. I dont have any OBDII Codes. i think its because the car never had a change to start and figure any problem.

The only way for this engine to start is IF. i disconnect the Crank-Position Sensor, and the Engine starts. but will not go to Drive because sensor is not connected..

----------------I got an idea before i start Taking my whole Head apart.. I will COUNTER Crank it. and SKIP 1 TOOTH backward. and see what happen.

Last edited by longstand; 03-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

how to adjust Timing Chain?

I need to Adjust the Crank Shaft to some kind of a Mark. SO i could SYNC it with the Camshaft

Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here you go. Good luck bro. BTW this is for a 04 HCH.

1. Set the crankshaft to top dead center (TDC). Align the TDC mark (A) on the crankshaft sprocket with the pointer (B) on the oil pump.

2. Set the No. 1 piston at TDC. The "UP" mark (A) on the camshaft sprocket should be at the top, and the TDC grooves (B) on the camshaft
sprocket should line up with the top edge of the head.

3. Install the cam chain on the crankshaft sprocket with the colored piece (A) aligned with the TDC mark (B) on the crankshaft sprocket.

4. Install the cam chain on the camshaft sprocket with the pointer (A) aligned with the center of the two colored pieces (B)

Attached Thumbnails Car WIll not START. After Valve adjustment-04hchtimingmarks.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast

Same Process for 07 Civic Hybrid?

thank you by the way!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah I think so, but I would confirm this with someone.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Have you checked the compression? If you over tightened the valves, it will not start. Take it to Honda for a check over! You did something wrong!!!H

Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

Don't Need a Dealer,

I over-tight it: Timing was wrong:

Now i got 4 Bend Intake Valve..

I already remove Head, now removing all 4 intake valve.

Will post Picture

Quick Reply: Car WIll not START. After Valve adjustment

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands