Nissan Altima Hybrid
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Car & Pricing question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Car & Pricing question

I have been bouncing back and forth on getting a hyrid car. It makes total sense as I drive 85 miles round trip from the inland empire to Los Angeles daily in stop and go traffic via the 210 fwy. So I have not decided to choose a hybrid, but which one and prices seem to be the only questions left.

I have spent the last 2 weeks on quotes and emails. Here is what I am down to and the best prices I can find.
Honda Civic Hybrid = Non-Navigtion car in my choice of colors for $20,598 with all taxes and fees, $22,562.62 out the door.

Toyota Camry Hybrid = Non-Navigation car in my choice of colors with floor and trunk mats, leather and upgraded wheels & stereo package comes to $ 24,450 (incl. $500 rebate). With all taxes & fees, $26,790.66 out the door.

Nissan Altima Hybrid = No idea. I have not considered it.

I would love some feedback on which car to get and what the fourm thinks of these deals.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:42 PM
HypoFueler
Default Re: Car & Pricing question

I am sure you will get more feedback than just me...

Fuel Economy - the Prius and HCH both will give you pretty good mileage and typical posters here average 46-47mpg. The Camry and Altima, which are a bit bigger/heavier/more power, may get 36-37mpg typically. If you really try for high mpg, you might get 5-10mpg more than these numbers.

Price - The HCH quote you got was pretty good in my opinion.

Certainly the TCH has some more interior room than the HCH and Prius, if you want that. I am 6'3" and have plenty of head/leg room in the HCH. Seat behind me is cramped though.

Good luck.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

This topic would be better served if it wasn't in a Honda Civic section. You should ask the Moderator to move it to the Model Comparison forum.

I would recommend the Honda Civic Hybrid. Customer satisfaction with it is extremely high.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Just me...

just a ditto on what's already been posted. i personally enjoy my hch. you may get slightly better mpg with a prius, even though that wasn't on your list. can't speak about the others. you've got a pretty good price going for the hch, as was already stated.
bottom line, get something that's comfortable for you, that you like to drive. if you haven't already, test-drive each of those models all close together, so you can get a good comparison of that you do/don't like about each. good luck!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

honda civic hybrid with navi if you can find an 07 you can get for 20,500 plus fees

Old 01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GotIng
honda civic hybrid with navi if you can find an 07 you can get for 20,500 plus fees

I found a brand new, 2008 Civic Hybrid w/out Navi for $20,598 lus fees at Penske Honda in Ontario, CA. Shant is the man and nobody has been able to touch the price.

Just choosing between the size and amenities of the Camry or the milage and tax credit of the Civic.

I found a Camry Hybrid with leather, upgraded wheels/stereo etc. and mats for $24,450 plus fees.

Tough choice...

Old 01-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What kind of speeds do you hit on your commute? The Civic is a highway cruiser! It does just as well mileagewise on the highway as in the city in my experience. This is because the engine is very efficient--between the tall gearing on the CVT and the iVTEC it will cruise at about a 50mpg average at 60mph. However, most other hybrids "suffer" at highway speeds and will return lower numbers since they are more dependent on the electric goodies (which don't do much unless you are stopping and starting).

I like my Civic a lot more for highway driving than my Mariner which uses a similar system to the Camry. However, if you are are in stop and go traffic on the highway, the ability for the engine to stop and for you to keep moving is really nice. I love the Mariner for the post-skiing log jam that I-70 turns into on a Sunday afternoon--the car just shuts off and I can creep along on battery power.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:17 AM

It's efficiency v. comfort.

Which do you value more?

You will get better mileage with the Civic, you will have a better rested bum with the Camry.

It's up to your personal choice, you obviously got a great deal on both.

I'd recommend the HCHII simply for it's better FE.

Good luck and please post back with your decision and pics of the winner!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:53 PM

Nothing against the Toyota Camry Hybrid, which I understand is a great car, but I absolutely love my HCH and I would certainly recommend it to anyone. The price you quote sounds eminently reasonable, and you can't find a better value for the money anywhere in the hybrid market, in my opinion. Your fuel efficiency is going to be most impressive, your friends will all be interested/jealous, and you'll have a long-lasting, dependable, fun car. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Enthusiast

I've had both the TCH and the HCH. Both are, of course, great cars, but very different. The TCH is bigger and heavier and it feels like it. The ride is much smoother, but the handling is rather mushy. The HCH feels sportier, yet in my experience was very comfortable on a long trip. It doesn't offer some of the features of the TCH, but to me it's the more likable car. I wish the HCH had stability control like the TCH and Prius. That's my only beef with it. I think most of the differences in these cars are easy to discern in a quick test drive and comparison of features. Then you need to just make the honest choice about which car you like.

Quick Reply: Car & Pricing question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands