California 06 HCH Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Question California 06 HCH Sightings

If you've taken delivery of a 2006 HCH in California, or even just seen one on a dealer lot, please post in this thread! It would be interesting to see how the distribution pattern evolves, and whether they come in waves (as I would expect). Ok, maybe I'm just a geek, maybe it's not interesting to everybody

I have an 06 HCH on order; production date is 10/28. The dealer (Menlo Honda, Redwood City) says it's in transit and that they generally arrive at the dealer 4-5 weeks after the production date (which generally is also when they get the VIN), so that probably means the first week in December for me.

Thanks!

Old 11-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: California 06 HCH Sightings

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
If you've taken delivery of a 2006 HCH in California, or even just seen one on a dealer lot, please post in this thread! It would be interesting to see how the distribution pattern evolves, and whether they come in waves (as I would expect). Ok, maybe I'm just a geek, maybe it's not interesting to everybody

I have an 06 HCH on order; production date is 10/28. The dealer (Menlo Honda, Redwood City) says it's in transit and that they generally arrive at the dealer 4-5 weeks after the production date (which generally is also when they get the VIN), so that probably means the first week in December for me.

Thanks!
They don't arrive in waves. Cars don't surf very well.
They arrive on ships from Japan, several hundred vehicles on each ship, so yes, the dealers in an area tend to get them at about the same time. First shipment in the Bay Area was last week and it seems like every dealer got four vehicles.

And yes, other dealers also say that it takes about four weeks from shipment to arrival.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I took delivery of the first one at my dealership (Mag Pearl w/o Navi) Family Honda of Rancho Santa Margarita, California (between Los Angeles and San Diego) on November 9th.

I haven't seen any others on the road as of yet.

Don

Old 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I saw and drove one at Diamond Bar Honda. Car is now sold.

Beautiful car with a lot of added amenities I'd like:

- power trunk release
- stereo control on steering wheel
- NAV
- AC stays on on economy mode (at stop)
- HP

Nice car! Congrats!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 AM

I know Carson Honda (north of Long Beach) got a few hybrids on November 10th. I didn't buy from them though since they charged too much, but they had them, and I briefly test-drove a Magnetic Pearl.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am from Costa Mesa and was waiting & waiting & every time a dealer had a car and called me by the time I got there it was sold. I called all the local dealers within 50 miles and they couldnt tell me when they will arrive. Last thursday the 10th of Nov I called San Diego dealers and found Pacific Honda would sell me one at MSRP + some accessories. They delivered my car to me at work & I paid them cash. I think thats why they delivered It. Anyway I got mine. White, no nav. and I am very happy with the car. myfirst tank I got 57.9 MPG

Old 11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

White 2006 Civic Hybrid, bought 11/14 at MSRP, less about $20. Bought from Gilroy (Gavilan) Honda. Had deposits down at several dealers..... one wanting $3900 over MSRP (Capital Honda in San Jose). Needless to say, won't be buying anything from them again.
Car for the wife, who drives a lot for the work commute. Found it an interesting car to drive myself. Odd that they don't have an accumulative MPG display option, given that that is what the car is all about. More power than I expected out of an economy car as well. And the dash is more interesting to watch than the road.... maybe not a good thing. Really odd as well to see the tach go to 0 at stoplights

Old 11-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Grounded:

___Nice job on that first tank! Can you please upload your stats into the RHMDB - HCH-II for us please? It will be nice to see how they are doing right off the lot.

Originally Posted by Comedie
… And the dash is more interesting to watch than the road ... Really odd as well to see the tach go to 0 at stoplights.
___Comedie, welcome to the world of hybrid’s and that about sums up the first drive - Honda IMA experience for all of us

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 02-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I took delivery of mine 1/10/2006. It was sitting in a lot all by its lonesome in Davis, CA. I drove it home that same night. Good times. In any case, the REAL funny thing is, I've maybe seen 6 or 7 other '06 Civics around, and ONE '06 HCH. Ironically, the owner lives RIGHT down the street from me, not even 2 miles away. They must have had theirs for awhile, they have plates (which I just got in the mail yesterday BTW) and the HOV stickers already (still waiting on those), and this was 3 weeks ago that I first noticed. It was a Taffeta White, can't tell if it has NAV or not.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yesterday some Blueish one parked next to mine, in front of the Pleasent Pesant Restaurant in Newport Beach. Was kinda odd to see two of them next to eachother.

Hehehe

Quick Reply: California 06 HCH Sightings

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands