Best way to Un-stealth the HCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___If you want to dress up your HCH, why not do something like this?

___That is not me in the pic

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast
Cool scrolling message sign

Hi y'all,
My wife and I are new to this forum, just bought our Honda last weekend & love it so far.

Definitely would like to let the world know that we are "driving green." How about this: I found a programmable electronic (LED) scrolling sign that you can mount in your back window, can power it off car DC supply, its made for the car and only costs $59! Available at www.batteryspace.com (search on scrolling sign).

I think I'll buy one and just have it "Honda HYBRID 48mpg!" continuously...

....cruisin' in the Smoky Mountains....
Kevin

Old 03-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

tn dancer,

Welcome to the forum! It is great to have another TN hybrid driver. I hope if you get the sign you will have to change it to a higher number than 48 .

Billy

Old 03-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

I was thinking about getting a tag that says GOT MPG? or maybe HY MPG.
Can't make up my mind though.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Keepin it hyper yo

If we have an electrical engineer on the forum, it would be cool to tap the car's "realtime" mileage and link it to the LED scroller . . . that way all the H2 drivers can have even more reason to flip us off when they go roaring by . . .

Originally Posted by tn dancer
Hi y'all,
My wife and I are new to this forum, just bought our Honda last weekend & love it so far.

Definitely would like to let the world know that we are "driving green." How about this: I found a programmable electronic (LED) scrolling sign that you can mount in your back window, can power it off car DC supply, its made for the car and only costs $59! Available at www.batteryspace.com (search on scrolling sign).

I think I'll buy one and just have it "Honda HYBRID 48mpg!" continuously...

....cruisin' in the Smoky Mountains....
Kevin

Old 03-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Green hybrid badging & license plate

FYI: Anyone in Virginia who's thinking about a vanity plate, 44MPG-63MPG has been taken, HOWEVER 0xxMPG seems to be available. I considered 050MPG for a while, then opted for the standard Clean Special Fuel tags.

Backlit green Hybrid badge. So I've been mulling this one over for the past few days, and I think I'm going to give it a shot. Need to order a replacement badge to experiment with. I'd LIKE to use an Indiglo type backing, but have NO IDEA where to get one. Any ideas? If I can't find that, I'll go with the superbright micro green leds. I'll make sure to post pictures when done.

BTW: Anyone worried about removing their paint when taking off the Hybrid badge -- don't. Use dental floss, and "floss off" your badge (e.g. floss between the badge and the car to remove the sticky stuff). Then, use any amonia based cleaner (windex would work) to get the sticky stuff off. I've done this on a number of cars in the past and have only had success...

Old 03-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default californeon

Humm, while searching for something to backlight the 'Hybrid' badge I found this stuff called Californeon http://www.californeon.net/ has anyone had any experience with it? I'm curious to know if I can cut the neon tape without damaging the glow effect...

Old 03-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Electroluminescent Foil!!!!

Look! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7963617201

It's SO CLOSE to perfect. The Hybrid badge is about 6.5" long, and this is 5.3" long. Gerrr! I may very well order two of these to use. It even runs off 12 volts!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast
Talking

Alright I decided to go ahead and buy the electroluminescent foil. If cut diagionally then the badge should fit right in. Gotta to stop by Honda to order a new badge tomorrow -- I'll m ake sure to keep everyone posted.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Enthusiast

Ok so I bought a sheet of the blue foil and a sheet of the green foil, along with some micro green LEDs. The dealership has a replacement HYBRID badge available for $26, which I'll pickup tomorrow. In case anyone else is interested in pertaking this venture, this is what I've found so far.

Instructions on cutting electroluminescent foil: http://www.cooltronix.com/ebay/diy/

Green foil from some guy on ebay for like $11.95. 205 pcs available:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3463449990

Micro green LEDs from some guys ebay store:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3880553464

My plan is to use the blue sheet as a test piece. I'm curious to know if I can fold the positive leed of the foil in half (so it's behind the badge). Trace out the badge pattern and leave at most 1mm of luminescent foil sticking out. This should be subtle and hardly noticable. If the foil doesn't work, then I'll try embedding the micro LEDs into the back of the badge. Ideas always welcomed!

Quick Reply: Best way to Un-stealth the HCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands