AutoStop dident work at all...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default AutoStop dident work at all...

I wonder if this normal or not:

went home with my wife from a superbowl party, drove for like 15 mile or so... temp. was 57. While first couple of miles Autostop worked twice or three times... shortly after we departed...

Then, we caught all the red lights on Jamboree (as usual) and the auto-stop dident work anymore. I know that the autostop shouldent work while the battery/engine is not warm enough... but it supposed to warm itself after 2-3 miles, isent it? Especially if it worked in the same trip already... I mean, once it worked... means all temps where alredy ok. Why it stopt working after few miles???

I dont think it broke so soon. maybe it's just a glitch? I'll see how it's working tomorrow.

Is anyone experienced similar behaviours?

Old 02-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AutoStop dident work at all...

There's a complex formula your car uses to decide whether to use it or not. Econ button must be on, defrost can't be on, etc. Check the manual and make sure you weren't preventing autostop with settings you chose.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Banned

There have been times I start out doing 15 miles of freeway driving, then get stuck in 15 minutes of gridlock. After a while, autostop does not work. My best guess is the catalytic converter has cooled off too much....

Don't know if that applies to your situation.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

was your battery charge low? sometimes if the battery is low, autostop won't go on especially if its at night and you have your lights on. not sure if this is the problem. just got my 06 a few days ago and it seems that the car is smart in this way. just a thought.

cheers,
neil

Old 02-06-2006, 10:46 AM

After autostop engages, it can only engage once more if your speed never rises above 9 mph. So frequently in really bad stop-and-go the car ends up idling. Also, there have been times when I slow to a stop and the auto-stop engages, but when I finally hit 0 mph it suddenly starts the engine again and I sit there idling. Really annoying.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

well, It worked today well, as expected. I dont think I had low battery... I think I had defrost on the back. But what does that do to AutoStop? Sucks to much energy warming the glass and computer decided that it wont have enough energy to start the engine using the IMA, considering the energy level in the battery also?

Well, this car has to be learned...

CG: I got that thing once too, stopping and when reaching complete stop, engine restarts and idle until I left. I asume this happenes when a sudden stop makes the car to back a bit (just a bit) after a more firm brake.... that's how I felt it...

dunno .. no clues

Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

One more thing... If the AutoSop Engages, then I move again... let's say slowly 5-6 mph and I brake again, AUtoStop wont Engage... BUT, if i stay with my foot on the brake for a couple of seconds 3-4 or so... it will AutoStop even if I was moving below 9 or 10...

Old 02-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: AutoStop dident work at all...

Mine behave's the same way. So, I'd call this normal? Sometimes I really can't understand why AS doesn't work. My opinion is the software package for our car is very conservative, hope there is an update sometime in the future.

Or perhaps someone cracks the code like for the Honda Insight. Insight owners have the ability to manually control some features; through modification. Like push button AS, MIMA (manual control of IMA), Manual charge control. Great stuff could be in the future for us...

http://99mpg.com/

Kevin

Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wish I could have the option of charge it at the wall outlet...

Old 02-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
After autostop engages, it can only engage once more if your speed never rises above 9 mph. So frequently in really bad stop-and-go the car ends up idling. Also, there have been times when I slow to a stop and the auto-stop engages, but when I finally hit 0 mph it suddenly starts the engine again and I sit there idling. Really annoying.
I've noticed this behavior too. It frustrating because I am not sure I know what I am doing wrong. I tend the release the brake slightly at the stop so the stop is more smooth. I think that might be what I am doing wrong. That is going to be a bad habit to break.

Quick Reply: AutoStop dident work at all...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands