AutoLock

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default AutoLock

I can't get the Auto lock to work in my 06 hybrid. has anyone had any problems with this feature. I have done the ritual outlined in the manual and it just won't work. Is the manual wrong.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AutoLock

Yes. One of the things is wrong. Either the manual is wrong, or the little quickguide thing is wrong. If you read them both, they say different things. One of them works, and one of them doesn't. I can't remember which one at this point, but I wanna say manual is correct. I did it the day after I bought my car, which was about 2 months ago, so forgive me for not remembering. But if you say you used the manual, then try the little quickguide, laminated thing. It has instructions for it too. One of them works, I know because I have the auto-lock and unlock how I want it.

Old 03-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think I used the manual and it works. I agree, if they both say different things, use the one you didn't use the first and try that. I know they work because I have mine locking automatically at 9 MPH.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

I used the manual last night and it works. Programmed both locking at 9mph and unlock driver's door in park.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would like to have the door lock at 9mph but I could not make it work. I was able to make it work when the shifter move from park but I realy would like it the other way. Can some one detail the process? I tried it many time using the owner manual but never been succesful.

Can some one give me the detail step that will work?

Thanks.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Did you remember to move it out of park ?
Other than that the instructions are pretty similar.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sundevil
Did you remember to move it out of park ?
Other than that the instructions are pretty similar.
Yes I move it out of park. Where did you put it?

I moved it in neutral I think...

The only thing I wondering. After moving the shift lever out of park. Do you kept your feet on the brake pedal? I kept it. May be I should try releasing it?

Thanks

Old 03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't remember, but maybe it was in D since that is where it will be when you want it activated. Other than that I have no ideas why yours doesn't work.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

I followed the manual, not the quick guide. All I did was shift to R and back. Don't forget that you also have to turn off the ignition within FIVE Seconds.

I have it set to lock at 9 MPH and unlock when turning off the ignition. I like these settings as I can drop off my son at school (unlock the doors) and the doors will automatically lock again when I pull away. If I have it set to lock when shifting out of PARK, the doors wouldn't re-lock.

For unlocking, this works good as I can shift to N and turn off the ignition (doors unlock), then move the lever to P. Otherwise, the engine re-starts when shifting to P. When the Auto Unlock is set to unlock when shifting to P, the doors will not unlock if the ignition is shut off before shifting to P. Now, I have the best of both worlds.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mochisushi
I followed the manual, not the quick guide. All I did was shift to R and back. Don't forget that you also have to turn off the ignition within FIVE Seconds.

I have it set to lock at 9 MPH and unlock when turning off the ignition. I like these settings as I can drop off my son at school (unlock the doors) and the doors will automatically lock again when I pull away. If I have it set to lock when shifting out of PARK, the doors wouldn't re-lock.

For unlocking, this works good as I can shift to N and turn off the ignition (doors unlock), then move the lever to P. Otherwise, the engine re-starts when shifting to P. When the Auto Unlock is set to unlock when shifting to P, the doors will not unlock if the ignition is shut off before shifting to P. Now, I have the best of both worlds.
That's exactly for those reasons I want those auto-lock mode to work.

I'll try again today.....

Quick Reply: AutoLock

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands