Auto Stop questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Auto Stop questions

Just got an HCH II after driving an HCH I for 2 years. Loved the old one, love the new one.

I noticed some differences in Auto Stop between the two. One, it seems like the HCH II requires the engine to warm up a little longer than the HCH I. Comparing the point at which they engaged on my route to work (which has about 10 lights), it seems like it takes a minute or two longer for the HCH II's to engage.

I've also noticed the HCH II Auto Stop "fake me out" a few times. I'll be stopping, see the RPMs almost go all the way to zero like it's about to engage Auto Stop, then have it change its mind and decide not to. I'm keeping my foot on the brake the whole time of course, so don't know what could be causing this, but it only happens about once a day.

Just a few observations, thanks for reading.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Stop questions

I've experienced the "fake out" also, only twice. I figured out that at the very end of braking, I tend to let off the brake slightly to make it a gentle stop. Now that I am keeping even pressure applied to the brakes, the auto stop has not "hicupped".

As for warming up, I also had an HCH I and now an HCH II, I fopund it took about the same time to warm up. On my commute, the auto stop seems to kick in, on the new one, at the exact same light as my previous one.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Stop questions

Originally Posted by Renato
I've experienced the "fake out" also, only twice. I figured out that at the very end of braking, I tend to let off the brake slightly to make it a gentle stop. Now that I am keeping even pressure applied to the brakes, the auto stop has not "hicupped".
I have the same behavior and figured it out to the slight release of the brake during the stop also. If I apply steady pressure until completely stopped, I don't get this behavior.