Anyone w/the Honda Civic Bass Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!
Default Anyone w/the Honda Civic Bass Kit?

Hey fellow hybrid owners,

Does anyone have the Civic Bass kit in their 2006 Civic? I just put it in and the settings that the instructions say to put in on (9'o'clock position) which is way too strong. My settings on the factory navigation radio is all the way up on the bass and treble. So therefore i have to turn the gain way down on the bass unit itself...And if it's all the way down, it's kinda like what's the point of the bass kit.... hope all this makes sense...

So my question is - what settings do you have on your bass kit for your civic, on the bass unit itself (gain) and factory radio?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone w/the Honda Civic Bass Kit?

Not sure since I don’t have the bass kit, but you could try turning down the base setting on the factory radio, and then turn up the bass kit setting to see if that makes a difference for you.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 AM
hypermiler wannabe
Default Re: Anyone w/the Honda Civic Bass Kit?

Yep, I got one. Self-installed last week. What I see here is a classic sound "booster" not a better quality "amplifier" (it boosts the volume, not amplifies the signal)

Anyways, I set my radio to 0/0 Bass & Treble, then set two dials to 9 o'clock.

Way too boomy--so I dialed the Cut and Gain back to about 6 o'clock and its much better. It doesn't buzzz the license plate, but adds to the bass a bit.

I really wanted the Honda-approved, integrated solution, but in hindsight, I probably would have purchased an amplified bass box for the trunk. (Something like this)