Any of you customizing your hybrids?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Any of you customizing your hybrids?

I just picked up a 2005 CVT w/38K for $9,250! I wasn't looking for a new car but came across a deal I couldn't refuse. I already have an E36 BMW but now I have an amazing daily

I drive alot, so have any of you done anything to make the drives a little nicer?

Would Xenon or subs drain too much power?

Is it possible to swap out interior parts?

Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Joe Go Slow!
Default Re: Any of you customizing your hybrids?

I can't speak about the Xenons, other than to say I do everything possible to save battery power on my '06 for using EV-glide mode. I haven't done any scientific tests to verify it helps though - but it puts me in an eco mood at least

There are lots of mode for 2005 and earlier Civics. In fact, I've seen more available aftermarket parts for these than the 2006+ models. For example, you can get cellphone mounts that mount neatly between your dash panels for 2005s, but nothing has been released for 2006+ that I've seen. Do some searches for "2005 civic hybrid aftermarket" on your favorite search engine and see what comes up. And send in pics if you make any mods!

Any idea why you got such a great price on that car, by the way? Did someone die in it or something? I hope mine holds a little more value than that after 2 years! Not that I have any plans to sell it, but it's just nice to know.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

I added Hoen (www.hoen-usa.com) DRL's and rear license plate bulbs to brighten it up a bit while sticking to OEM wattage so as not to add more drain.

Working on the stereo now, nothing crazy, maybe a 100w amp at max to power everything w/ stock NAV head unit - just something to make the commute a wee bit better.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoeFuture
I can't speak about the Xenons, other than to say I do everything possible to save battery power on my '06 for using EV-glide mode. I haven't done any scientific tests to verify it helps though - but it puts me in an eco mood at least

There are lots of mode for 2005 and earlier Civics. In fact, I've seen more available aftermarket parts for these than the 2006+ models. For example, you can get cellphone mounts that mount neatly between your dash panels for 2005s, but nothing has been released for 2006+ that I've seen. Do some searches for "2005 civic hybrid aftermarket" on your favorite search engine and see what comes up. And send in pics if you make any mods!

Any idea why you got such a great price on that car, by the way? Did someone die in it or something? I hope mine holds a little more value than that after 2 years! Not that I have any plans to sell it, but it's just nice to know.
well the car did have about $2k worth of dammage that needs to be fixed, cracked windshield, a scuff on the front bumper, and the passenger door molding is messed up. The girl that was selling it simply didn't try at all, she posted it up one time on craigslist for $10,500 and didn't even clean the car out AT ALL when i came to see it, dirty as hell. She also stated it was a salvage title (which would make the price about fair), but after running the carfax and checking out the title it was just fine! I fixed the windshield and bumper for $500 and I'm taking the door in tomorrow and fixing it for $650. So all in all I'm about $11,500 into the car, but I detailed it and with the repairs it looks brand new again! I figue i could turn around and sell it for Blue Book at $18k but now I fell in love with the car and want to keep it.

P.S. If anyone needs a carfax ran for free I still have mine for another 3 weeks.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I tinted my '06 and installed an XM roadie in the console. I'm awaiting my lighted door sill plates that I got on eBay. They should be here in time to install this weekend.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

This is an interesting thread. I worry about mods messing up my milage, but I love to mod my vehicles. I have an 03 Honda Accord that I have fixed up real nice, but I now want to move to something greener and newer.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

Wow, that is a insane deal.

Paid 11,500 for mine, 04 manuel with 72k. Does it have a salvage title?

Btw - I'm putting Koni yellows one mine, and maybe a 14x7 forged rims. Something in the 10 pound range.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
Wow, that is a insane deal.

Paid 11,500 for mine, 04 manuel with 72k. Does it have a salvage title?

Btw - I'm putting Koni yellows one mine, and maybe a 14x7 forged rims. Something in the 10 pound range.
nope, clean title. And on the accident that she was in the airbags didn't even deploy.