all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default Re: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Originally Posted by chocomario
excuse my ignorance but whats the purpose of the vin? how can i track my o6 hch
I need the VIN, as I am making some changes to my Insurance Policy (adding the HCH, adding my son who will be taking his drivers road test about the same time the HCH is due) and the agent needs the VIN to assure all the proper discounts (daytime runing lights, air bags, etc) are applied. I was also told by a dealer that they (the dealer) get the VIN once the car is in the country, so that is a good reference. Seems to be true, as I have seen a few folks say they have thier VIN and are expected to pick up the car in the next week or 2.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
For obvious reasons European cars are shipped to the east coast (often in New Jersey near New York City) and Japanese cars are shipped to the west coast. It would be idiotic doing it any other way.

I live in San Diego and if they already arrived here then I'm sure I would have heard from my dealer. Mine was built 9/28 so I assume it's the same shipment as the 9/22 car.
Not sure about Honda, but 120,000 cars a year (Toyota) and 15,000 cars a year (Mitsubishi) are delivered to Jacksonville FL via Port.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Advance The Man
Not sure about Honda, but 120,000 cars a year (Toyota) and 15,000 cars a year (Mitsubishi) are delivered to Jacksonville FL via Port.
It surprises me if cars are shipped from Japan to Florida, though a Google search seems to hint that's the case; I found a source listing Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota as Japanese companies that use the port. And I did Google searches for VINs of a few different Toyota models and everything seemed built in Canada, U.S., or Japan, so I guess they really are coming in from Japan to Florida... weird.

...unless the port is actually used for exports of the U.S.- and Canada-built models...

Old 10-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___I bet the real reason for the HCH-II delay is as follows

___I can see it now … 35 Japanese techs working around the clock pulling apart gauge clusters of 10,000 HCH-II’s to install something a bit more akin to reality

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 AM

That's a fake picture. The real IMA tachometer is here:

http://vtec.net/articles/article-ima...6civ_hy-15.jpg

Old 10-24-2005, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
It surprises me if cars are shipped from Japan to Florida, though a Google search seems to hint that's the case; I found a source listing Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota as Japanese companies that use the port. And I did Google searches for VINs of a few different Toyota models and everything seemed built in Canada, U.S., or Japan, so I guess they really are coming in from Japan to Florida... weird.

...unless the port is actually used for exports of the U.S.- and Canada-built models...
nothing wierd about it. Economy of scale. Its cheaper to run a car carrier with several thousand cars a few thousand extra miles through the Canal than it is to unload them in Long Beach, load them on trains (a few hundred per train) to the East Coast and still have to change trains (all freight on the East Coast is Norfolk Southern or CSX) to get them to all points in the East.

Basically the incremental cost of shipping via ship from Cali-Jax must be lower than shipping crosscoutry via train when the #s involved are as large as they are.

It's got to be cheaper and faster, or else industry simply would not do it this way.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:47 PM

Hi CGameprogrammer:

___Yes, you could see the image mess in the min graphic as well. It was funny though

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast

I just spoke with the dealer here and he said that the HCH without NAV will be here in 30 days and cost $22,400 and the one with NAV 60 days and cost $24,000. I guess if I put my order in now i'll see it in January

Old 10-24-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mean*Green*Machine
I just spoke with the dealer here and he said that the HCH without NAV will be here in 30 days and cost $22,400 and the one with NAV 60 days and cost $24,000. I guess if I put my order in now i'll see it in January
Well you found one selling for MSRP -- that seems very rare. Anyway at least this gives you an excuse to wait for the $2100 tax credit.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by bertsot
... Today I got a call from my sales guy informing me that they already received to VIN# and that the car is in transit from California and should be here next week. ....
Any update Bert ? I am starting to drool !

Quick Reply: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands