Accessory & roof rack questions, new '07 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Accessory & roof rack questions, new '07 HCH

Folks,

We just bought a brand-new white HCH 4-door sedan with navi in preparation for relocating to SoCal from the SF Bay Area. :-( This forum is very helpful, and I appreciate the shared expertise and enthusiasm.

Has anyone had any experience with the optional trunk liner, cup holder inserts, or alarm system? We're scheduled to get the alarm installed next week, and are considering the liner, but it's not clear how one gets to the spare after it's in.

We plan to add Yakima Q towers to the roof for bikes, a canoe, and a rooftop box. Any Yakima users out there who have put longer/bigger loads on a HCH roof? How do you secure the front and rear tie-downs?

Thanks for the help.

Best,

Jon

Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Aspiring Hypermiler
Default Re: Accessory & roof rack questions, new '07 HCH

I purchased the following accessories for my 2007 HCH-II:
  1. Trunk liner
  2. All weather floor mats
  3. Cup holder inserts (for rear doors)
I recommend all of these accessories.

The trunk liner protects the trunk floor from any dirt or spills and adds a nice finished look. If the trunk is empty, it is easy to lift up or remove the liner to access the spare tire and tire changing tools.

The all weather floor mats are the best mats I have ever installed in any of my cars. The fit is perfect. Mine are black rubber, custom fitted to the 06-07 Civic floor space. Dirt or liquids cannot reach the carpet. These mats are easy to remove and clean to keep in new condition. These mats are also available in beige color. Others in this forum have commented that their beige mats show scuffs and stains. I strongly recommend these mats in black.

The cup holder inserts for the rear doors hold 12 oz soda cans or the typical containers for bottled water up to 20 oz. The "Big Gulp" sized containers like you get a a fast food drive through will not fit into these holders. The asking price for this accessory is fairly high for what you get (two pieces or rubbery plastic inserts). Nevertheless it is nice to add two extra cup holders for the back seat area for those occasions when you need a place to store a couple of additional beverages. It takes 1 second to install or to remove these cup holders.

I have no experience with the roof racks or other HCH accessories.

Hope you find this helpful

Last edited by sdgarber; 09-01-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Adding comment
Old 09-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

I can definitely attest to the stainability of the beige all-weather mats. They look terrible with only a few days of use. I wanted them to match the carpet, but black would definitely be more consistent in appearance at least.

I like my trunk tray, but I do wish it was grippier (i.e., rubber or something).

Last edited by Soybean; 09-02-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I keep a small tarp in my trunk. Works great! Of course, if I had to dough, I'd load up on accessories as well.

Good luck!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got the trunk bucket thing also. It works well and getting into the spare area is still easy. It's all the ui-junk* in the trunk that gets more in the way than just the liner.

*user installed junk: misc. camp chairs, backgammon games, kilts, first aid kits, towels, locks, tool kits, camera gear and growlers on occasion.....